Our Goalies

Ducky

Who starts the season and/or gets more games?

Pavs?

Helle?

Hutch?

I think Hutch has to play so many games this season to be eligible for the expansion draft so do they send Helle down? I think Helle is ready and Pavs should be sent down. Give Hutch enough games to be eligible for the draft and give Helle the rest. Say goodbye to the mistake that is Pavelec.

50 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Pavs has no future with this club.....none. Send him to the Moose to be a backup to Comrie.

I wish! I just don't see the Jets doing this.

I'm not sure how they make this work in 2016/17.

Helle needs more time in the NHL and Comrie more in the AHL.

I'd send Hutch down, if I thought he would clear waivers.

30 minutes ago, JCon said:

I wish! I just don't see the Jets doing this.

I'm not sure how they make this work in 2016/17.

Helle needs more time in the NHL and Comrie more in the AHL.

I'd send Hutch down, if I thought he would clear waivers.

Who would you make available for the expansion draft?????? Helle? Hutch has to play so many games and Pavs is an UFA.

iii) One goaltender who is under contract in 2017-18 or will be a restricted free agent at the expiration of his current contract immediately prior to 2017-18. If the club elects to make a restricted free agent goaltender available in order to meet this requirement, that goaltender must have received his qualifying offer prior to the submission of the club's protected list.

From the primer on NHL.Com

No statement on how many games at goalie has to play. Hutch can be sent down.

12 hours ago, Ducky said:

If that's true, we are good to go but I would still send Pavs down.

It must have been games played by D or forwards that i got mixed up with.

I would prefer seeing the Pavs sent down too. However, I also worry about Hutch's ability to back Helle up. Hopefully, he can step up his game from last season.

I'm not really convinced that the Jets give Helle more starts than Pavs this year.

Hutch is okay as a backup..........Hopefully, Comrie is the backup goalie next year (17-18). Comrie is well regarded by most hickey analysts and some have him as high as the 5th best prospect.

In my opinion, Helle needs a minimum of 42 games this year but I would hope to see him play 46-48. Not enough to burn him out but enough to grade him on a fairly heavy workload.

Edited by Ducky

He can refuse but then the jets just suspend him. Really do think it's pav hutch or pav helle this year tho.... one final year of pavelec in my opinion. Bottom line is he isn't really tradable. The only way he would be is if was expansion fodder but he's not even that... he's a ufa July 1st so basically he's worth nothing. I'm guessing that if the jets could get anything for pav... they'd deal him but teams aren't stupid and know he's an awful goalie 

The only way the Jets would be able to trade Pavelec would be if some team had injuries to there starting goalie, backup goalie and first goalie from the minors they would also have to be a contending team, so in summary enjoy Pavelecs last year in a Jet uniform and wish him the best in the KHL.

• 2 months later...