Our Goalies

Ducky

46 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Hutch had better save percentage and GAA in the ECHL... means very little.  Phillips is a long way from being AHL ready even 

I just checked his stats in the ECHL and you are lying through your teeth AGAIN!

2.30 GAA and a way poorer sv% but that's okay...keep on spewing your theoretical stats...

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

Hutch had better save percentage and GAA in the ECHL... means very little.  Phillips is a long way from being AHL ready even 

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=142313

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?encode=TRUE&pid=96549

Phillips is having a great season... 10 wins ... zero losses....  2.16 GAA and 931 save %.

This guy will be the Moose back up next year.

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

Phillips is having a great season... 10 wins ... zero losses....  2.16 GAA and 931 save %.

This guy will be the Moose back up next year.

Exactly, and he's getting the reps he needs in the ECHL right now.

It's a great situation for everyone. Well, everyone but Pav, I guess.

8 hours ago, Ducky said:

I just checked his stats in the ECHL and you are lying through your teeth AGAIN!

2.30 GAA and a way poorer sv% but that's okay...keep on spewing your theoretical stats...

10 games vs 28... get back to me when he's played 28 games. Hutch had a 2.08 GAA in those 28 games. 

1 minute ago, Ducky said:

He would be backing up Comrie this year if it weren't for Pavs...despite what Goalie might think or say.

Lol

Their original plan was to sign Nick Ellis actually and not sign Phillips at all.  

Ellis signed in Edmonton tho. That's why Phillips was signed so late. Phillips wasnt gonna be on the Moose this year. 

3 hours ago, Ducky said:

pffffft block it all you want....maybe I won't have to listen to your lies and BS anymore.

Lies and BS? Whatever. 

Thing is he does have similar numbers to hutch but... let's see what he can do at the next level or over a season. 

Fact is... Hutch is at best a backup so it's a good sign he's got a better save percentage... but it's still early. 

Hopefully Phillips can be more than what hutch is. 

Goalied are voodoo man. Remember fucale from Montreal?  2nd Rd pick... terrible echl numbers. 

Edited by Goalie

I dunno. Comrie is very good but needs time to develop a bit more. 

It's a nice problem to have. 

Not to mention Berdin.  Playing on a crappy team. Not good GAA but good save percentage. Guy faces like 50 shots a Night

Edited by Goalie

• 4 weeks later...

Is the ECHL that much better than the WCHA??? I don't know if it is or not. I don't know enough about either league.

You would think that out of the 76 games they play in the AHL, Comrie would get what? 46? 48? 50? 52?

Let's say 52 for Comrie and 24 for Comrie against much better competition and access to better coaching, trainers, etc...

Hard to say where he would improve more but let me ask you this, Pavs is gone next year and one of Hutch or Comrie back up Helle......where is Phillips? AHL?

Nice to have the good depth in the most important position.

Helle first and Hutch 2nd

Games played

22 at 10th and 13 at 36th

Win percentage

.526 at 35th    .333 at 43rd

sv%

.908 at 33rd   .896 at 43rd

GAA

2.73 at 32nd   3.14 at 41st

Shutouts

2 at 14th and 1 at 27th

These are some miserable stats for our goalies. I'm not saying the biggest problem with this team is goaltending because I think injuries are but we need to get better goaltending. For me, Hutch can't be gone soon enough. It seemed like he was playing like an allstar until they got that first one by him. He didn't even see it and had no chance on it but his play went downhill from there. Let Comrie and Connor decide who the starter should be.

Matt Murray is only 22, so what? I agree about Hutch but someone like Miller taking 50 games this year and 30 next year might have been better. Who knows? The stats prove the goaltending has to be better though.

Calgary only has 5 more points than us and Edmonton has only 33 points.

Matt Murray plays on a team who just won the cup. Helle plays on a team who were picking up their cups off the ice last night because they suck. Calgary embarrassed the Jets and have played the same amount of games. Pittsburgh is playing up tempo 2016 hockey.  Maurice and the Jets are playing dump and chase all game long. 

No, no. Matt Murray HELPED the Pens win the cup last year and he is  younger than Helle so don't go spouting off about Helle being  young. Vasilevskiy is only 22. Regardless of age, he has to be better. So does Hutch. So does anyone they dress between the pipes.

I'd like to see one of them get a non-career threatening injury for 3-4 weeks and let Comrie have a kick at it . Whether he is good enough or not, take a look. Same as Roslo, take a 5 game or so look. We aren't making the playoffs.

Here's a little math I did...here are the points these teams would finish with at today's pace...

Chi 107

St L 105

MN 101

SJ 97

ANA 97

LA 91

EDM 90

Cal 90

NSH 85

Dal 79

Wpg 77

Van 76

AZ 70

Avs 66

All of the teams in the East are on pace to finish above the Jets (Buffalo is the only team under .500) so we would be 5th last in the lottery if you included LV in the draft order at 3rd.