Hamilton at Calgary - Aug 28

Mr Dee

Hamilton at Calgary

West best vs the East's best?
The West's best QB vs the East's best QB?
Are these defences the best?
Best Head Coaches?
Two top teams in a game which will be the first-ever live mic broadcast on TSN.

One thing for sure, Calgary has the league's best 2nd down converter in Marquay McDaniel who has 22. They rely on him heavily to keep the offence moving. And that offence has been going, especially at McMahon stadium, where they average 38.3 points per game in 3 games there. And, the Stamps have broken the 30-point mark in five of their eight games.

By the Numbers - CFL.ca
3.5 – Touchdowns for every interception for Bo Levi Mitchell, the best amongst quarterbacks with at least seven starts.
5 – Road games this year for the Tabbies; they won the first three and have lost their last two.
29 – Sacks recorded by the Ticats (second-most in the CFL).
161 – League-low points allowed by Calgary (next closest: Hamilton at 203).

?‍?Fan Poll 71% pick Calgary to win
MBB 24 votes to 5 for Calgary.

i'm going to say that collaros is the best quarterback in the league.

and Hamilton wins

I think Calgary is not as good as people think.

guess Calgary's better than i thought and Tigercats aren't very good even with Collaros.

Calgary has a huuuge downtown. looks nice.

sack on a three man rush is ugly might have to change my predicition

predicshun.

Edited by Mark F

The mics were supposed to be only on the QBs and Coaches. So why do I hear all this non-football chirping on a game thread? Take a look at some marvellous QBing and catches instead, why don't you? Tolliver is a heck of a player and that speedster, DaVaris Daniels is just the kind of guy we need to open up our game.

Edited by Mr Dee

WTF above??? Anyway, how can things get sorted out when they'll call a DB for illegal contact at 5.1 yards, putting a hand on a shoulder which has no bearing if the ball is incomplete, call illegal contact when a receiver & db accidentally collide, the coaches challenges for not just defensive PI, but offensive & illegal contact, as well as roughing the passer rules? All it does is cause delays & interrupts the flow of the game with all kinds of flags & penalties. This won't get 'sorted out". This is it. This is what a CFL game has become. It's all about penalties now. On pass plays it's a 1/3 chance a PI call will occur.

Edited by iso_55

7 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Anyone think that mic'ing the QB's added anything to the broadcast? I liked to hear some of the coaching comments, but the play calls really didn't add anything to the game for me.

I think it was tough b/c they were constantly having to edit... there was one bad 2 and out by Ham... and just as Kent starting talking they cut out his mic... then showed him on the sidelines and it was definitely not family friendly material...

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

Anyone think that mic'ing the QB's added anything to the broadcast? I liked to hear some of the coaching comments, but the play calls really didn't add anything to the game for me.

It would have been a lot more entertaining if they mic'd up the coaches without telling them.

17 hours ago, iso_55 said:

Anyone else becoming disllusioned with the state of the CFL on the field with all the penalties, challenge flags & lame PI rules? ALL of this is killing the CFL in the stands & in the ratings.

I thought I heard the ratings are doing really well