Captain of the Wpg Jets is....

Jimmy Pop

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

...well, we'll find out tomorrow according to Fox Sports.

The article also mentions Laine and Meyers as possibly being in the running for the C too - so take the source for what it is.

http://www.foxsports.com/nhl/story/winnipeg-jets-naming-captain-tomorrow-083016

Laine and Myers?  That's ridiculous. 

5 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Blake Wheelers name has been floating around since Ladd got traded and with training camp vastly approaching talk is that he will be the next captain, best get it out of the way dont what it to become a training camp thing

Agreed.

I have to ask, does anyone care? I know it's offseason, so it's going to get big play, but does anyone (fans) care if it's Wheeler or Sheif? Is it worth all the attention it's going to get in the media?

1 minute ago, JCon said:

Agreed.

I have to ask, does anyone care? I know it's offseason, so it's going to get big play, but does anyone (fans) care if it's Wheeler or Sheif? Is it worth all the attention it's going to get in the media?

Are you new to Winnipeg...?  Yes, everyone cares.

Can't go wrong with either of those guys though, I believe it will be Wheeler.

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

Agreed.

Me personally, nope don't care.  If Mark Stuart's named captain, then maybe.

If it's Wheeler, they're putting the C on their best player.

If it's Scheifele, it's their highest ceiling player, signed to the most term.

Both make sense.

Frankly if they sign Trouba to a reasonable deal, they can even name Stu captain for all I care.

Well.... apparently this isn't very credible at all. I saw it and thought... that's odd considering you would think that the jets would put out a press release about it but they haven't so therefore I don't think it's happening tomorrow but if it does.... 

Guys playing in the WCH like Wheeler and Scheif and Buff are most likely. Apparently it's not true tho

4 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Isnt Toby an A?  Would they remove it?  I suppose if they have a new captain, the logic might be to reassign all of them.  Buff did have an A at one point if I recall.

Last year Ladd C Wheeler A Stuart A , first years they had rotating A home and away