Why Is Denmark the Odd Man Out?

50 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I get that Sheppard does well at other aspects of the game but man I can't understand why he plays and Mayo doesn't. Is the primary job of a receiver not to get open and catch the ball? Seems to me that Mayo is better at that then Sheppard. 

I thought it was because of his special teams play?

55 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I get that Sheppard does well at other aspects of the game but man I can't understand why he plays and Mayo doesn't. Is the primary job of a receiver not to get open and catch the ball? Seems to me that Mayo is better at that then Sheppard. 

He's a good blocker - better fit for Lapos dink & dunk gameplan

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

I suppose the logical answer is that his receiving skills aren't enough of an upgrade on Sheppard to make up for Sheppard's advantage in blocking and st's play.

28 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Maybe the Blue can trade a 5th round pick and get Nik Lewis from Montreal?  Big physical presence and veteran "leadership".

would love to add lewis. I think he'd fit great with what we do on offense too. But id be some kind of shocked if any other deals of any level happen. 

From the "In Case You Missed It" thread:

" Herb Zurkowsky Montreal Gazette
-Nik Lewis understood change was in the air. He just didn’t think it would be Kevin Glenn, the Alouettes’ starting quarterback.
“It’s the wrong change. I’ve told them what I thought about the change,” a defiant Lewis said following Wednesday’s practice at Stade Hébert. “I don’t like it, but they pay me to play, and that’s what I’m going to do. They don’t pay me to like things.”

Lawless tweeted out something today about how the Als might be having a fire sale right away. They're going to be cutting ties with expensive vets and using their younger, cheaper players to both get an idea what they have and also to shed some salary...