Practice September 28, 2016

Slingin Sammy

Darrin Bauming‏ @DarrinBauming
Terrence Frederick, who been scratched the last two games, looks to have won the starting job over Johnny Adams at boundary corner.

Justin Cole, who missed last week with an injury, is back at his regular starting rush end spot.

Watching first and second-team reps, Andrew Harris (ankle) isn't participating at all. I'd list him as doubtful for Friday night.

Bob Irving‏ @BobIrvingCJOB
2 changes on bomber defence this week--terrence frederick for johnny adams at c.b. And justin cole for eric martin at defensive end.

Bob Irving‏ @BobIrvingCJOB
Neither andrew harris or quincy mcduffie is working with first team bomber offence--that would make them very ?? For friday.

Sounds like Andrew Harris is headed towards being a game-time decision for a third-consecutive week. He may play despite zero practice reps.Sep 28, 2016, 2:01 PM

Ian Wild has been suffering from "general malaise" according to Mike O'Shea, rather than an upper or lower-body injury designation. #Bombers

Got to practise at about Noon.  Pad-less practice.  MOS had a team meeting at mid field...team went into stretches...positional drills...then ST and red zone O and D

Here's how they're lining up from left to right

DB's
     - Frederick, Johnson, Loffler, Fogg, Randle

Unlike last week when corners stayed static on left and right side of field so each played boundary/field corner with HB's rotating, Randle would rotate to boundary with Fogg.  Randle and Fogg clearly boundary side DB's

LB's
     - Wild, Bass, Leggett

DLine
     - Westerman, Shologan, Cummings, Cole - Corney and Thomas rotating in.  I did not see Green rotating in at all.

OLine (no changes)
     - Bryant, Bond, Goosen, Chungh, Hardrick

Receivers
     - Smith, Dressler, Gudino, Denmark, Kohlert.  McDuffie got a lot of reps with 2nd team; but none with first team

RB's
     - Flanders, Lochard, (Normand).  As Bauming noted above, I did not see Harris get any reps whatsoever.

ST's
It appears as though our DI's (other than Medlock) will be
     - Heath, Knox and Burnett. 

Hurl slots back in on ST's, and Jake Thomas has replaced the wedge blocking position I've seen Green previously occupy. 
It looks like Green might be the odd man out with Cole and Wild coming back onto the roster..both he and Eric Martin seem to be coming off. Green did not get any reps with ST's. 

Primary punt return reps to
     - Fogg, (both McDuffie and Legget took some reps)

All kick return reps to
     - Heath, (McDuffie did not slot in)

QB's
Looks like Davis remains the second option

Notable:
- Teague Sherman was not practising...could mean Tennant draws back in...this is complete speculation but based on the fact that it looks like Green might be out of the D line rotation

PR addition receivers
- Davis, Quinshad
- Duncan, Kieren
- Outlaw, Lonnie
all got reps with 2nd and 3rd team O. 

PR addition QB
- Bethel-Thompson, McLeod was practising.  Has a strong arm...but didn't get any team reps with O.

- Majority of reps to Nichols and 1st team O.  Nichols did not throw a pick; but had a pass knocked down by Heath, (on 2nd team D)...and a near pick by Keith Lewis (2nd team)...

Notable Plays:
- Moe Legget picked off Davis;
- Flanders making nice catches out of the backfield, (not checkdowns)
- McDuffie made some nice catches and a spectacular spin move after a catch...whatever his injury is/was...it isn't affecting his mobility;
- Smith caught 2 TD passes (from Nichols)...nice routes;
- Denny caught a nice TD on a corner route (from Nichols)

Edited by Slingin Sammy

21 minutes ago, Slingin Sammy said:

#Bombers release DE Eric Martin after making his first CFL start just days ago. O'Shea says the roster is full. Expect a new signing soon.

Sep 28, 2016, 1:47 PM

I love that bit. Roster is full but expect another signing soon. Wait, what?

5 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

There is no But. As in, it's full because they signed someone, they just haven't announced it.

Gotcha. That makes sense but it's not the way I read it. I guess I was expecting a like-player for a like-player (DL for DL). Not adding the OL, which was mentioned.

I'm betting that neither Wild nor Andrew Harris will take the field against the Esks. We're going to miss Wild more than Harris- Wild might have made the difference between a loss and a win against Calgary. I love that Walters continues to try to improve the talent, but do we really need yet another import O-lineman?

Edited by tracker