Johnny Adams Trade to Ticats

Jpan85

I won't bother with the negatives, as every scouting report for guys that become options up here are full of negatives that would make you wonder "what the **** would this guy possibly bring to a team" but what I like off the positives is he's a converted basketball player with a solid post-up game on jump balls, and he's either i) able to get good separation, as he averaged like 20 yards a grab in college or ii) a load to bring down in the open field

We need that.

3 minutes ago, pigseye said:

The only surprise is it took this long after the Heath deal to move a DB for a receiver. I like that we are looking to add some size to the corps.

Except that this doesn't really affect Heath, an HB, as we're dealing out a CB....

Just now, Noeller said:

Except that this doesn't really affect Heath, an HB, as we're dealing out a CB....

And Randle played SAM, these guys are all interchangeable but that's not what I meant anyways. I expected one of the veterans to be moved after they acquired Heath, Could have been Randle or Johnson for that matter, someone had to go.

3 minutes ago, tracker said:

Harsh, but it makes the point to Bomber players about massive brain cramps. I suspect we will hear about the neg-list player as soon as he agrees to report. Likely a receiver but it might even be a quarterback.

read the whole thread....it's a receiver just released from NFL......

Adams hasn't played well since his return to the starting roster. I mentioned this in another thread but to repeat when he wasn't playing and Randle was hurt along with Harris the rookies really shone. When Randle came back he had a tough time initially but seems to have righted the ship. Harris isn't playing thank goodness as Loffler is far superior. And well for Adams he simply isn't as good a Fredrick and has demonstrated this since his return. I think he sealed the deal last game. And frankly wait and see if we don't move Richardson???? (no 25). He was picked on and cost us a lot during that last game. Time will tell

58 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

I feel like that scouting reports for the majority of guys in the CFL look very similar to his

yeah guys with no negatives on the scouting reports are the super stars in the NFL, and even some of them probably had question marks about them too. 

Bottom line is that you gotta see how he does up here before judging him. Anyone have a comparison of this guys scouting report to Darvin Adams who a lot of people around here are pining for? I have a suspicion that Adams has a bunch of negatives on his too. 

I'm guessing the Bombers are getting caught with the salary cap and all of the IR guys returning from injury.  Johnny Adams was probably being considered to be sent to the practice roster, and if the Bombers did so, the Bombers were expecting him to bolt to another team.  This way, they got something in return.

Good luck Johnny.

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

yeah guys with no negatives on the scouting reports are the super stars in the NFL, and even some of them probably had question marks about them too. 

Bottom line is that you gotta see how he does up here before judging him. Anyone have a comparison of this guys scouting report to Darvin Adams who a lot of people around here are pining for? I have a suspicion that Adams has a bunch of negatives on his too. 

If is as good as Adams that would be great was on pace for a 1500 yard 100+ catch 9 td season.

Aaron Kelly. 

But regardless adams wasn't gonna be signing here come February. Plus Frederick is just to good to keep off the field. They also have a dB possible cb on the practice roster that seems to have been making some plays in practice. I like this trade. You get maybe something for a guy who probably didn't have a future here 

2 hours ago, BBlink said:

Younger players outplaying a vet who has had trouble getting healthy and then played like ass. Can't believe we got anything for him, really. (we're talking imports here) 

I realize it's an occupational hazard for a GM but I just hope Adams doesn't come back to haunt us, like, in the Grey Cup or something.