Big 3 Ex Argo's

LimJahey

From EdTaits column

Former Argo T.J. Heath was floored to learn his old team had dumped four receivers after Toronto’s loss in Montreal.

“I’m probably just as shocked as they are,” said Heath. “But they’re good players and they’ll end up somewhere very quickly. They’re very good guys. We’re just big kids playing football. We had fun and joked a lot… it was a real good locker room over there and that’s why I think it was so shocking. That’s how the business goes. Hopefully they’ll move forward and continue to play ball.”

Heath said he’d love it if those receivers ended up in Bomber colours.

“They’re very good,” he added. “It’ll be interesting to see where they land. Hopefully we could get one or two of them.”

Because of the competitive nature of Rod Blacks mind, he wants to be the very first to make the signing announcement.

ROD Black is ecstatic that the BOMBERS HAVE SIGNED GURLEY and/or HAZELTIN and/or ELLIOT and/or BATES! Just what we needed! WooooHooooooo! 

Wonder what number he or they will wear?

This hasn't happened yet as far as Rod Black knows. Be he wants to be first to announce something. 

As pumped as I was about the last Bomber acquisition, I am equally pessimistic about the net result of the lack of signing Gurley. Eve if Adams comes back in short order, he will still not be in game shape for another game or three, and the horse will be way out of the barn by then. The Bombers will probably still make the playoffs as a crossover, but if they lose three of the next four games, that would make one win in six games and that would be a recipe for disaster. To regain credibility, the Bombers must finish strongly.

Edited by tracker

20 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

I want Gurley and not just because he is big but because we can have a fan club and wear Gurley boys shirts. That would be cool. 

My fantasy football team name is "Gurley Men"... however I actually just traded Todd Gurley yesterday... so back to the drawing board...

9 minutes ago, bearpants said:

So to Recap...

Elliot: Hamilton
Gurley: Winnipeg
Hazelton: Edmonton (rumour only)

When a team releases 4 receivers and 3 of them are signed (potentially) within 2 days... something seems fishy with the releasing team...

This all pales by comparison with what Jones did in Regina so I don't see it as a big deal. The argos are pooched for this season and they know it. Barker has a way of finding good receivers. I don't think they're worried. Like us, they realize the importance of having a good dressing room atmosphere and if that wasn't happening, for whatever reason, it had to change.