Week Of vs BC Thanksgiving Game (Now With Depth Chart!)

Noeller

Andrew Harris (ankle) is in pads and looking like a full participant at #Bombers practice today. The 29-year-old has missed three games.

Ian Wild (upper-body), who returned last week after missing two games, is a non-participant at #Bombers practice today.

Bruce Johnson, who left Friday's game and did not return (upper-body), is back with the #Bombers first-team defence today.

Timothy Flanders running with the #Bombers first-team O. Andrew Harris is running hard, but to me, he does not look as fast as normal.

O'Shea says the hope for receiver Darvin Adams (injured shoulder July 28) is to return after the #Bombers' Week 18 bye.

"I'm sure Kyle (Walters) and his department are combing through the film and taking a look." O'Shea on recent Argos receiver cuts

Edited by Noeller

Call it blind optimism but the fact that MOS didnt come right out and say `We`re happy with the group we have` or something to that effect is encouraging. I would echo the majority of us who would love to see Tori Gurley here, I think he could be the stretch guy were have been looking for for a while now.

As far as any character concerns go, who knows maybe it was the entirety of the group or one specific individual who was causing the friction there and separately they can all function on other teams.

Some notes from today:

Consider Andrew Harris good to go against Lions Saturday. Team hasn't declared him the starter but said he's ready. #Bombers

Also, Heath worked with the 1s today in place of healthy Bruce Johnson, who moves to the 2s.....

15 hours ago, Noeller said:

Some notes from today:

Consider Andrew Harris good to go against Lions Saturday. Team hasn't declared him the starter but said he's ready. #Bombers

Also, Heath worked with the 1s today in place of healthy Bruce Johnson, who moves to the 2s.....

Hopefully Harris has a little extra motivation to (finally) play his former mates...

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Possibly, but then Penton said (paraphrasing) "This would make sense, as McDuffie was on the periphery all week at practice".......so that's where I'm getting my "Gurley in, Duff Man out" from...

Penton also said Flanders will be returning kickoffs so that probably indicates McDuffie is not in the lineup

Edited by Atomic

26 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Word is McDuffie scratched again, and Gurley will actually be in the line up....

It is beyond un real if gurley steps in on this level of notice and does any thing. It says a TON about him that they would stick him right into the line up.

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

how hard does it have to be for Gurley? Just say "you're tall, go run down the sidelines and we'll put the ball up for you to go win."

Offenses arent by any means that simple. A wr runs the wrong route on a timing pass and the qb throws a pick 6. Breaks the wrong way, runs the route too deep or not deep enough etc. Offensive plays are designed to create openings, and set up other variations of the same play. You dont just have one wr run deep every play, a side from the fact they'd burn out in no time flat. Have you seen the size of a modern football play book on offense?