Bombers sign Tori Gurley

Jacquie

WINNIPEG, MB., October 6, 2016 –   The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed International wide receiver Tori Gurley.

Gurley (6-4, 230, South Carolina, November 22, 1987 in Rock Hill, SC) has spent the past two seasons with the Toronto Argonauts. In 2015, Gurley finished tied for the CFL lead in receiving touchdowns with nine, while hauling in 58 receptions for 791 yards. In ten games this season for Toronto, Gurley recorded 36 receptions for 509 yards and five touchdowns.

Prior to joining the Argos in June of 2015, Gurley had spent the previous four seasons in the NFL, including time with the Green Bay Packers, Buffalo Bills, Cleveland Browns, Oakland Raiders, Minnesota Vikings, San Diego Chargers, and Tampa Bay Buccaneer. In 27 games at South Carolina, he caught 76 passes for 910 yards and six touchdowns with the Gamecocks.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

I would assume this is a deal for more than just this season

Quite honestly though, Gurley reminds me a lot of Derrick Armstrong. I hope that's what kind of signing this turns out to be.

Exactly Mike....Big Country returns....Why he didn't work out for the arenogoods I don't know ....what I do know is that this guy can catch and motor..