Lions @ Bombers Post Game Discussion

iso_55

So, in the twitter universe everyone is saying the Lions got screwed & that the ball was out. My response to that is **** the twitter universe. I think the whistle blew before the ball did come out. But the Bombers have been screwed over so many times by the officials that cost us games in the past even if it was a fumble, I don't care as it was about bloody time a call went our way.

In that melee it was hard to tell exactly when Harris actually touched the turf...I believe he was down and the whistle blew ending the play..The ball did come out but the play was whistled dead before the ball came out....Matters not anyway as the command centre ruled it was a dead play and not a fumble..How many have we seen go the other way and cost us bigtime...Great win.

The call could have gone either way but I don't think there was a definitive view that showed it was a fumble and because it was called "down by contact. It would have had to be very definitive to overturn the call. 

But I think the true issue here is how Harris handled the ball.   At that time of the game I believe he was only thinking of himself and the yards vs. getting both hands on the ball and protecting it.  We didn't really need the 1st down.    But the worst thing that could have happened would have been a turnover. 

I believe it was a fumble and that we were really lucky that it wasn't called that way.

I think that Arceneux caught the ball, got 1 foot down, but didn't survive contact with the ground so that one shouldn't have been a catch.

IMO, there were also 2 offsides that weren't called. One of them, would have given BC a first down to keep their drive alive.

All in all, one of the worst reffed games of the season. At least we won.

Just now, Mike said:

Horribly refereed game. I'm not sure who got ripped off more. But BC at the end definitely had the most prominent screw jobbing.

idk about that we took 155 yards in penalties which is beyond crazy. I dont think ive seen that kind of number with out ejections and bruha going down.

12 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

idk about that we took 155 yards in penalties which is beyond crazy. I dont think ive seen that kind of number with out ejections and bruha going down.

We took that many last week too without any ejections.