if sukh chungh cant go

wbbfan

Its obviously early before the next game, but Its some thing ive been thinking about for next year. I have this based on nothing factual fear of chung bolting in the off season. 

If chung cant go against ott, or if we have to move forward next year do we try and build around 4 imp ol? Doesnt seem like we have a lot of options for NI ol this year. neufeld and keeping have been out soo long its hard to see either coming back this year to do more then back up. 

Edited by wbbfan

8 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

Do you have evidence that Chung is planning on running away or is this just general paranoia? 

Not that general paranoia is all bad. It has kept me safe in a couple of situations.

.... "  I have this based on nothing factual fear of chung bolting in the off season.  " cmon man 2nd sentence... 

5 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

If Chungh cant play vs OTT I'd like to see Couture get some reps.  In the event Chungh leaves I'm guessing that will be the succession plan at this point?

I wouldnt mind seeing couture get more steady reps too, but I dont think we have an NI to back up in either situation. If we go 4 imp we still have him as a back up ol. 

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Thomas subs in on Jumbo sets, I believe, as a TE....sometimes rolling out as a passing option...

Hes our emergency situation OL I think hes drawn in to play guard twice this year. If we dress him as our back up OL, then he's either going both ways since he rotated in on the DL or we'd need to dress another NI DT. 

Couture held his own for the most part...  give him some reps.  Ottawa's line is not as good as BC's...

I really think Chungh re-signs but if not, there will be good NI OL available... I think Holmes might be FA

Or trade one of our 1st round picks for a proven OL - Philip Blake maybe?

This is a good conversation to have... I am actually more concerned about this year than next... I think next year we probably lose Keeping and Neufeld... but potentially add another first round O-lineman and maybe a FA...plus Couture and McKay (no idea what his potential is) will have another year of experience under their belts..

As for this year... if Chungh can't go in 11 days... I assume Couture gets his first start and hopefully one of Keeping or Neufeld is healthy enough to be the sixth man...

I love the idea of trading our first round pick (not Toronto's) next year for an OL if we can get one.  But the trade deadline has passed, so that's more of an off-season thing.

I also wouldn't mind dressing Keeping/Neufeld and starting Couture.  If he's really getting beat, we can put in the veteran.  If he does ok, it's great experience for next year.

Edited by Atomic

44 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I also wouldn't mind dressing Keeping/Neufeld and starting Couture.  If he's really getting beat, we can put in the veteran.  If he does ok, it's great experience for next year.

Like the concept - assuming Couture looked better on Friday than he did back in week 2 - we're not trying to get Nichols killed after all.

As for trading the pick, not in love with that idea, but it would depend on the player and the contract coming back.

6 minutes ago, mbrg said:

Like the concept - assuming Couture looked better on Friday than he did back in week 2 - we're not trying to get Nichols killed after all.

As for trading the pick, not in love with that idea, but it would depend on the player and the contract coming back.

Bombers managed I think three TDs and two FGs after Chungh was injured so he can't be that bad.

21 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Can we just make it clear: Nobody knows yet. Team has not said anything about Cheung. If anything had been said, it would have been posted here. 

Alright....everyone can stop asking now. :)

It's just that I don't think anyone is underestimating the value of every member of our Oline. I have to admit that I was horrified when Chungh went down. I was like, oh my ******* gawd, or some crap to that effect.