Game 5 : Oil Wells @ All Is Well - Heritage Classic

13 minutes ago, Ducky said:

GAA is 3.80 and that has to come down. RNH stripped Laine of the puck and Helle lets in a wrist shot from past the faceoff dot....he should have stopped it. Lots more to it than goaltending though.

Wont blame Helle at all for this loss.  Laine made a major boneheaded play.  And he knew it.  He looked either about to break down in tears or rip someones throat out on the bench after.  And Buff...well, its what we expect with Buff.

I'm not saying the loss is on Helle (.880 sv%) because it isn't but he has been average at best and ditto Hutch (.887 sv%)....I would say a bit below average. Helle needs to work on his rebounds more. He needs to stop that puck after the Laine giveaway.

Edited by Ducky

1 hour ago, Ducky said:

I'm not saying the loss is on Helle (.880 sv%) because it isn't but he has been average at best and ditto Hutch (.887 sv%)....I would say a bit below average. Helle needs to work on his rebounds more. He needs to stop that puck after the Laine giveaway.

Ok so we lose 2 0 instead of 3. 

Listening to Dave Poulin on TSN he was saying in his experience, the distraction of hosting this game and the pressure and build up (international audience etc.) does play on teams before the big event. Perhaps this plus all of the youngsters, has played a bit into the team's play so far. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now. If they continue to give up huge leads in all of their games you got to think something else is wrong perhaps a lack of buy in or the system itself. It will be interesting, understanding that all of the youth does factor into some of this.

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Ok so we lose 2 0 instead of 3. 

so that doesn't matter to you that he gave up a very weak go. Had the score been different I could have made a very big difference. The Jets goaltending remains to be one of the biggest question marks on this team.

1 hour ago, IC Khari said:

Listening to Dave Poulin on TSN he was saying in his experience, the distraction of hosting this game and the pressure and build up (international audience etc.) does play on teams before the big event. Perhaps this plus all of the youngsters, has played a bit into the team's play so far. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now. If they continue to give up huge leads in all of their games you got to think something else is wrong perhaps a lack of buy in or the system itself. It will be interesting, understanding that all of the youth does factor into some of this.

This is definitely true as the record is vastly in favour of visiting teams at outdoor games.  But still...the team was awful.