Game 5 : Oil Wells @ All Is Well - Heritage Classic

On the Big Show, Beyak said he would put Stuart and Thorburn back in, since they had to sit out the opener and it would have been tough on them. Thank god Beyak isn't the coach.

PoMo better not kill the momentum, like he did last time, and send out Stuart and Thorburn because he feels bad for them.

Keep the same line-up, IMO.

27 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Not sure how you'd justify taking Armia out for Thorburn.  Armia played his ass off again last night.  If he starts catching some breaks, he's going to be a big contributor on the score sheet.

He's definitely playing well but he really needs to start putting up points. I wouldn't put Thorburn in front of him but I was shocked at how few points Armia has in his NHL career, so far.

With the way he works, you would expect more. Just hoping he can contribute on the score sheet soon.

36 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Not sure how you'd justify taking Armia out for Thorburn.  Armia played his ass off again last night.  If he starts catching some breaks, he's going to be a big contributor on the score sheet.

Heard that a million times about different players but the fact is some guys just can't put the puck in the net in the NHL.  It's not a coincidence or bad luck that Armia has only 10 points in 50 NHL games.  I wouldn't expect Armia to start scoring anytime soon, he's just not that type of player.  He works hard and I like him as a bottom six effort/PK guy but that's all he's ever going to be.

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Is it?  So failing miserably is okay as long as you look like you're trying?

They are both awful - but at least there's hope for a miracle with Chiarot...  bottom D playing 9-10 minutes... not good.

How Burmistrov stays in, I don't know - on a night where the Jets dominated on faceoffs, he was still awful.  Every shift was 'Connor digs for the puck, passes to Burmi, Burmi coughs it up, Armia recovers... repeat.

4 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I don't see that happening playing on a line with Lowry and Matthias.  I would rather see him with Petan and Copp.

7 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Stafford is being rewarded for his 1 point every 4 games performance with a shot at the top line.  Awesome.

My guess is Chevy and crew are showcasing him as a line number 1 winger to illustrate his stock as he'll be part of the Trouba trade package.