- padless practice
- Wild practising with 2nd team
- Chungh practising with 2nd team
- Denmark present but not practising
- Bass present but not practising
- I didn't see Bond anywhere
- Hardrick shifted to LG
- Foketi at RT
- T. Flanders no reps with first team O or ST's - look for him to be moved off roster
- Fogg reps at dime and kick/punt
- Knox, Fogg and McDuffie all taking ST's reps..they're the likely DI's (other than Medlock)
- McDuffie and Fogg sharing kick return reps...punt reps to Fogg
- D. Adams all 1st team reps at X receiver
- T. Gurley reps with first team in place of Denmark
- B. Johnson all first team reps at field HB;
- Cole and Shologan got reps only with 2nd team...not with first team
- Green and Scott got first team reps on the D Line with Thomas and Corney rotating...look for Green and Scott to come on roster
- Hurl and Knox splitting reps at MLB
- Nichols one pick, and a few drops...other than that pretty efficient;
- Davis continues to get more reps than Glenn
- as has been the case for most of the last full days of practice during a week that I've observed, (after stretching) team starts with positional drills, red zone 0 and D and ST's

Here's how they lined up

DB's
- (Field) B. Johnson, Frederick
- (Safety) Loffler
- (Boundary) Heath, Randle

LB's
Burnett Hurl/Knox, Leggett
Hurl mostly in "cowboy" (on the DLine taking up a block) and on the field when we have 3 Ints on DLine...Knox rotates in when we're running 2 Int's on DLine, (ie Corney takes out Green or Thomas takes out P. Scott or Cummings)

DLine
Westerman P. Scott Cummings Green (Thomas and Corney rotating)

OLine
Bryant Hardrick Goosen Neufeld Foketi, (Couture extra O Lineman)

Receivers
D. Adams Dressler Smith Gurley Kohlert

RB's
Harris (Normand)

FYI: this is what I observed between 11:30 and 12:30

Edited by Slingin Sammy

36 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Is this good?

and thanks a lot for the observations

if having 3 Ints on the DLine produces more push, pressure, and closes off running lanes...then yes...but we all saw this "cowboy" D formation last year...it wasn't great...having said that we also ran more 3 - 4 at this practice than I've seen previously...one positive I suppose is that we will be giving Ottawa a different look on D this week...:huh:

30 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Looks like they'll be using this last game to take a second look at a couple of players for next year.  Has Padric Scott dressed this year?  Seems to me he was injured throughout T.C. and didn't play in an exhibition games.

I don't recall P. Scott even making the 46 man roster at all this year...definitely don't recall him dressing

9 minutes ago, Brandon Blue&Gold said:

Sounds like J Cole is upset via his IG. Judging by this practice report I'm guessing he's pr bound?

If they're planning on rostering P. Scott and Green...2 Ints have to come off the 46 man...I'm pretty sure Flanders will be one...I'm wondering if Cole was told he'd be moved off the roster and to the PR...missing out on a game cheque...

Hmmm ... someone not enamored with the Troika love-in party. Interesting.

Surprised no one is concerned about Bond being absent from practice. Anyone know what's going on there?

Anybody knicked up is taking the week off to be ready for playoffs. Hoping it's not long term for him, anyhow. As mentioned in our practice reports thread, he wasn't in yesterday either. Hardrick to LT, Foketi to RT....

4 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

We don't need both Smith and Dressler, too similar. Its one thing to have to big, physical receivers that are similar but two smurfs? Not so much.

Agreed. They can even dress Smith as a DI over Mcduffie. Just get him out of the starting lineup.

Edited by Blueandgold