Around The League Off Season Discussion

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Not exactly sexy news but there's something to be said for continuity vs. change for the sake of change. Knows the system and players and is respected. Most importantly he knows the Austin mindset and team culture Austin wants to build and maintain.

Wasnt like there were quality DCs out there either. And please don't say Chamblin.

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Rider fans are all ******* so it really doesn't matter which one you are talking to specifically, they're all going to say the same stupid ****. 

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_ewt5nsauvmgc

Mr. "Try winning with some class" Jones. Treats a probable Hall of Famer and team god Durant like garbage and goes out a signs the biggest douchebag and locker room cancer in the league.

Jerk is as jerk does.

Reinbold has been a good STC, hasn't he?

I think the Duron Carter signing makes sense in one light. The guy is like Milt* in that he'll get his thousand yards and his TDs no matter who is throwing the ball.  Carter could be a fantastic security blanket for a baby QB.  All he needs to do to succeed is be a good teammate and not say things that make his baby QB punch him.

* of course he is unlike Milt in just about every other way.

Edited by johnzo

6 minutes ago, johnzo said:

I think the Duron Carter signing makes sense in one light. The guy is like Milt* in that he'll get his thousand yards and his TDs no matter who is throwing the ball.  Carter could be a fantastic security blanket for a baby QB.  All he needs to do to succeed is be a good teammate and not say things that make his baby QB want to punch him.

Equating Carter to uncle Milt in any way ought to be a capital offence. You've been warned.

5 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Riders are going to struggle till they fix there Canadian content and get a stable QB.

4 hours ago, Ripper said:

I agree with you about the QB part, unless we make a trade which I suspect is coming.  The NI part had a lot to do with Best and Labatte both being out at same time. Muamba helps on that front and hopefully a healthier Oline will see us looking a bit better. Our cupboards are a bit bare, need to draft another Olineman in first round this year. That part will take time.

While I agree with your analysis, Best and Labatte are critical to the Rider NI depth... you have actually gone on to agree with JPan on both fronts... see the part I bolded... :D 

1 hour ago, johnzo said:

I think the Duron Carter signing makes sense in one light. The guy is like Milt* in that he'll get his thousand yards and his TDs no matter who is throwing the ball.  Carter could be a fantastic security blanket for a baby QB.  All he needs to do to succeed is be a good teammate and not say things that make his baby QB punch him.

They took a step back last year had way too many blocked punts. 

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Glenn is their undisputed #1 going in to the season. They're desperate....but he'll win 'em some games.

I just don't understand how Jones can justify going from Durant to Glenn.  You took one aging veteran and replaced him with a worse aging veteran.  Sure there are some cap savings but geez.

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I just don't understand how Jones can justify going from Durant to Glenn.  You took one aging veteran and replaced him with a worse aging veteran.  Sure there are some cap savings but geez.

Oh it's stupid...no question.......but.......don't you dare ever question the all knowing, all powerful Chris Jones.......

4 minutes ago, Atomic said:

This assumes he cannot still pull off a trade or has someone ready to step in. Maybe he thinks he has a starter but wants some insurance?

You're going to pay Glenn a lot less money to hold a clipboard than Durant.

7 minutes ago, JCon said:

This assumes he cannot still pull off a trade or has someone ready to step in. Maybe he thinks he has a starter but wants some insurance?

You're going to pay Glenn a lot less money to hold a clipboard than Durant.

Yeah that's what I'm getting at, I don't think Glenn is intended to be the starter