Around The League Off Season Discussion

3 hours ago, Kluchk said:

Great post. Very true. Don't know why people think it's a bad signing. It's literally no different than Stafford.

much different imo based on the fact Carter has been a headache everywhere he went.  Stafford only got into trouble (if that was the reason for his release) as soon as he was around his cousin.  these are still relatively young guys,  and sometimes when you put 2 immature people together (like friends in a class room) they get giddy and act up.  

However I didnt hear of any issues with Stafford during his time with Edmonton

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Where are the riders coming up with all this cap space? Werent they right up against it last year? Is jones just saying eff it?

Carter is a great talent. But the greatest degree of head case. Itll be interesting to see if it was the setting in mtl or if he is a nutter. 

Here's the reality.  Everyone has cap space based on how it's calculated.  And it's not a "cap."  Literally nothing like the NHL or NFL.

3 hours ago, JCon said:

Cap space is eaten up by:

1) QBs - The Riders are not burdened with that luxury item.

2) NI - Another area of concern for the Riders.

For glenn to go there soo early makes me think he didnt go for peanuts. 

You mean like the henoc muamba deal? That and Nis dont eat up the majority of cap space, imps do. Like duron carter.

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

For glenn to go there soo early makes me think he didnt go for peanuts. 

You mean like the henoc muamba deal? That and Nis dont eat up the majority of cap space, imps do. Like duron carter.

Good ones sure as **** do...

26 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Here's the reality.  Everyone has cap space based on how it's calculated.  And it's not a "cap."  Literally nothing like the NHL or NFL.

Thats simply wrong.

"The CFL slapped Saskatchewan with a $60,000 fine and cut the team's salary cap by $26,000 for using ineligible players during practices."

"The CFL 's player salary cap is defined as part of the Salary Management System framework. For the 2016 season, the CFL Maximum Salary Expenditure Cap (SEC) is $5.1 million per team"

Look at what MTL had to do mid season to get under sms. Sask was against it the year before last and had to cut down. But re spent. Then late in the year were again right up against it. Now, they are spending like drunken frat boys. 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

let's move the poli-talk to Gen Forum, where there's a thread for it...

QFT. it may be the off season but still it isnt that slow we need politics to bleed over in here.

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Good ones sure as **** do...

The few high end ones like muamba earn big pay days. Of which sask has how many? Under jones they have spent like mad men on Imps. And over all far more money is paid to imps then NI in the cfl. 

Edited by wbbfan

18 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

The few high end ones like muamba earn big pay days. Of which sask has how many? Under jones they have spent like mad men on Imps. And over all far more money is paid to imps then NI in the cfl. 

Also OL. The reality is that good NIs are rarer, so they command the most money. IMP's cost less because there's a lot more of them available

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Thats simply wrong.

"The CFL slapped Saskatchewan with a $60,000 fine and cut the team's salary cap by $26,000 for using ineligible players during practices."

"The CFL 's player salary cap is defined as part of the Salary Management System framework. For the 2016 season, the CFL Maximum Salary Expenditure Cap (SEC) is $5.1 million per team"

Look at what MTL had to do mid season to get under sms. Sask was against it the year before last and had to cut down. But re spent. Then late in the year were again right up against it. Now, they are spending like drunken frat boys. 

QFT. it may be the off season but still it isnt that slow we need politics to bleed over in here.

Basically a luxury tax.  If a NHL team isn't compliant for a day they lose picks and the league makes the move to get them compliant for them.

The CFL "cap" isn't tallied until the season is over, not every day or even every week during the season.  It's a moving target.

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

Dunk says the Riders got a fairly good deal on Glenn.

http://3downnation.com/2017/01/25/kevin-glenn-contract-relative-bargain-for-riders/

So starter money is Regina is peanuts....AND for those who have different thoughts on Glenn actually being the starter....dream on...He would have stayed here if he wasn't going to start ,and I think they're paying him more than peanuts..

Edited by Stickem

5 minutes ago, peggars said:

Carter "officially" signs with Sask this morning.....So a guy like that in a small fish bowl where everyone knows him....i give 6 weeks before there are reports of him fighting some drunk dude wearing a pilsner hat at a bar 

if he's got incentive bonuses (which lawless might have said) its only a matter of time before he gets at it with one or more of the QBs for not throwing him the ball, or for skipping one at his feet. Jones might have a my way or the highway hardline stance, but a **** leopard can't change its spots

25 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

if he's got incentive bonuses (which lawless might have said) its only a matter of time before he gets at it with one or more of the QBs for not throwing him the ball, or for skipping one at his feet. Jones might have a my way or the highway hardline stance, but a **** leopard can't change its spots

I think he had a pretty good relationship with Glenn last year. But who doesn't love Glenn?

50 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

I'm not sure I see that as a great deal. If you're the worst starting qb in the league you should make the least amount of money. 

Good for Glenn though.

Glenn isn't stupid, he knows Sask. needs him and from talking with Nichols I'm sure he's aware Jones will be yanking his chain all season long.