Around The League Off Season Discussion

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He was so nervous. Literally shaking. Never truly looks comfortable in front of the cameras. Never is seen much in public during the season. Compare him to Mark Cohon who was at ease in the media spotlight & made a point to get out to talk & meet the fans.

So he literally peed himself? 

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That was a play on words. Who knows, maybe he did? Hopefully he wore Depends. ;)

I don't think you know what that phrase means. Listen, I'm not trying to give you a hard time....I'm just saying that your credibility as a critic is taking a hit the deeper you go down this "Orridge-Is-Bad-Mmmkay" rabbit hole...

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

That was a play on words. Who knows, maybe he did? Hopefully he wore Depends. ;)

it's not a play on words, it's misuse of the language that have become commonly accepted because people care more about exaggerating than actually putting in some effort into creating more meaningful statements. 

A lot of your criticisms of the commissioner come across as simply "I don't like the look of the guy so therefore I don't like any of it" 

Give the guy a chance before we cast judgement. I mean the concussion statements are done for legal reasons no other so it's worthless to even judge him on that, I dunno what all went on with the drug testing but come on, the CFL has been a joke with drug testing long before he came along. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

From the first time I saw him literally peeing his pants on TSN handing out the Grey Cup he seems in way over his head. Then his handling of the drug testing & his criticisms of the company doing it. Then cancelling drug testing for over a season. Finally, his comments on concussions. Oh & throw in that lame grey CFL logo. Lots to hate & not much to like.

At an Edmonton Eskimo Gala I attended (for the greater good I keep telling myself), Mr. Orridge was a guest. When he was up to talk, he was well articulate, promoted the league well and was a great ambassador for the Eskimos ensuring no favoritism. My experience was good. I may not agree with how he his handling the concussion issue but overall I've seen worse. He seems like a likable guy trying to do his best.

18 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Yeah, Jabar is a Bomber, no question...done deal.

Well (I know deep subject), we wanted him a few years back in the draft and Wally cut us off at the pass with a draft day deal....We'll most likely see the brother act on D and I like it...The Westermans....(sounds like a clothing line)...but hey if they improve our Line working together....good for us.

15 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Well (I know deep subject), we wanted him a few years back in the draft and Wally cut us off at the pass with a draft day deal....We'll most likely see the brother act on D and I like it...The Westermans....(sounds like a clothing line)...but hey if they improve our Line working together....good for us.

Westermen - we've been over this, people!