Around The League Off Season Discussion

2 hours ago, Ripper said:

I responded to a post about Walters, why are you changing the subject?  I also never said Walters didn't do a good job either. I said don't get carried away. Shologan was a miss and had a poor year. Smith did nothing either, Dressler didn't light the world on fire in between injuries but had a ok year. Cummings was a flop.  Nichols was a good move, Harris was a good move. I think Walters has done a decent job overall. As far as the Riders go, I'm not here to defend some of the moves we have made, in fact I have made better choices drunk on who to take home from the bar, LOL

And here I would have thought that Regina pickups would have been found at the Humane Society.

Edited by tracker

2 hours ago, Ripper said:

I responded to a post about Walters, why are you changing the subject?  I also never said Walters didn't do a good job either. I said don't get carried away. Shologan was a miss and had a poor year. Smith did nothing either, Dressler didn't light the world on fire in between injuries but had a ok year. Cummings was a flop.  Nichols was a good move, Harris was a good move. I think Walters has done a decent job overall. As far as the Riders go, I'm not here to defend some of the moves we have made, in fact I have made better choices drunk on who to take home from the bar, LOL

Pro rated over 18 games, he would've had 1290 yards aka 5th in the league.

Just okay I guess.

3 hours ago, Ripper said:

pro rated??  we playing that game are we?

we call it the kenton keith game. Rider fans constantly on and on about how he was better then blink if  you extrapolated his ypc and less games blah blah blah. Dressler was fantastic last year. Part of an offense that struggled to stretch the field, and score tds. And for the first fist full of weeks was probably the worst O in the league. 

3 hours ago, Atomic said:

Good re-sign.  They gotta move on their OL too, if I'm not mistaken they have 2 starters up for FA.

is earnest jackson still a FA? For my money hes the best they have and none in the league are better. Id love to see him in blue. 

33 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Bowman, arcenaux! Probably sj green at one point

I think bowmans at like 260k

That is crraaazzzyyyy if true. He puts up great numbers but still drops too many for my liking. 

Unless levee breaks - expect major change to @REDBLACKS roster for next year. No progress between club and a # of pending free agents #cfl - Lawless

RT .@NEWS1130Sports
Phillips was offered a massive pay cut and told he was no longer a starter, "it was disrespectful." #BCLions #CFL -  CFL News

"Guarantee you there is interest there (in #CFL for Manziel to be on a roster) & they'll be able to sell seats" - @BubbaCHCH via @TSN1150 - CFL News

next couple of days will be busy as agents, #cfl @cfl GMs work to keep players with current teams. GMs have held line, agents coming around -Lawless

Hearing WR Greg Ellingson has signed a two-year deal with @REDBLACKS @cfl #cfl - Lawless

Lions re-sign WR Burnham to two-year deal. MORE: tsn.ca/lions-re-sign-…- TSN

RT .@TSNScianitti
Also hearing Terrence Toliver's impending deal with #Ticats would be 2-years #CFL

BREAKING: @Gabe_Knapton is staying in the nest! The defensive end has signed a new two-year deal with the #AlsMTL. #IsItJuneYet

#BCLions @GM_Brillo sent new offers out to 4 key pending FAs today: Burnham, Brooks, Yell, Ianuzzi. #CFL via @FarhanLaljiTSN

Meanwhile, back in Saskatchewan....

#Riders told @rodpedersen they are "not at that point right now" in considering legal action against 3downnation. - @rodpedersen #CFL

Their ace reporter Rod Pedersen is on the story. 

From what I've been told, story's been changed. Initially had date on there of Jan. 27. The supposed workout took place. - @rodpedersen #CFL - "Apparently that's (date of Manziel "workout") has been edited out of the story (on 3downnation)" - @rodpedersen #CFL via @hustlerlawless

Drew Edward's response? ......"This is incorrect."

Edited by Mr Dee