Around The League Off Season Discussion

5 minutes ago, TrueBlue said:

“Not ’retiring’ officially just not playing for the Argos,” Durie said in a message to The Canadian Press.

Durie added his roots in Toronto would make it difficult for him to continue his CFL career with another team.

26 minutes ago, Mike said:

If they waste even a minute negotiating a contract for that over the hill tub of goo, it's a mistake.

That being said, nothing would make me happier than if Vince Young started week 1 of the 2017 CFL season for them.

Nothing would make me happier than if Vince Young started week 2 of the 2017 CFL season for them.

5 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I love the thread about Lemon on RF. Apparently he's not as good as the guys who replaced him on the rider roster. Seeing as he only had 14 sacks last year...but what do I know.

Same old same old. But tbh its like back up qb syndrome we see here too. Why of course dominique davis is better then every no2 qb available, he hasnt had a bad showing how can he not be!

To be fair, in the pile of teams back ups today resides most of the leagues stars tomorrow. Each teams fan is more familiar with their own bench/futures guys, so they seem much more valuable then they are. In TC / going in most of the board wouldnt have traded dieke (sp?) the rush end or jace davis etc. Though i would like to see jace davis back for a 2nd shot. 

5 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I love the thread about Lemon on RF. Apparently he's not as good as the guys who replaced him on the rider roster. Seeing as he only had 14 sacks last year...but what do I know.

The irony is real. Fans on RF making fun of the Argos for signing often injured Jeff Fuller, when the Riders just signed often injured Chad Owens.

14 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Its is indeed Wynn and Martin. What does Glenn mean by not the first time and a WINNIPEG team? Did he mean winning? We were 5-13 in 2005.

I misread that, too... He was missing a period in the middle. He means Winnipeg but that's the start of a new sentence. 

Who said - "We want guys that want to be here...Have high character, that work hard. Those are the guys we're going after." - no, you're wrong, it was Chris Jones.

"This time last year they were raving about how well Sask was doing in free agency... what looks good on paper gotta look good on the field." - Jerome Messam

"told terms for WR Ernest Jackson deal with @MTLAlouettes will see him paid around $220 K per year on a two-year deal #cfl @cfl" - Lawless
?‍?What's up Jackson? What a payday!!

Best line of the day - Why does everyone assume we see Young as a QB? You can't rule out the possibility that Jones only wants to convert him to DE or safety. -  RiderProphet 

Edmonton Journal - the Eskimos added a pair of international free agents in running back TraVon Van and defensive end Aston Whiteside.
Gerry Moddejonge - When it comes to #Esks new DE Aston Whiteside, this is the third team he has joined with Maas on the coaching staff, including #Argos in '14

In line for best GMing this off season Wally Buono Lowell Ullrich reports - #BCLions off-season to date, not including pending deal for Chris Williams: 1 cut, 3 unsigned & to f/a, 6 newcomers, 5 to NFL, 21 retained

Dan LeFevour - "Honoured to be a member of the @Wpg_BlueBombers!! Can't wait to get back at it"

?‍?Another smooth veteran QB acquisition (LeFevour) by GM Walters.

?‍?Too bad about Shawn Gore, who may have to retire. He was coming into his own.

?‍?Call a truce with Denmark. Sign an accord already