Around The League Off Season Discussion

11 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Best line of the day - Why does everyone assume we see Young as a QB? You can't rule out the possibility that Jones only wants to convert him to DE or safety. -  RiderProphet 

Is this a joke?... this has to be a joke.... I don't know anything about this guy or how much jest is in his posting... but if this is anything other than a joke, this wins the most clueless post in the history of CFL fan forums... there will never be a close second...

4 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Is this a joke?... this has to be a joke.... I don't know anything about this guy or how much jest is in his posting... but if this is anything other than a joke, this wins the most clueless post in the history of CFL fan forums... there will never be a close second...

It's obviously tongue and cheek based on reality. He's joking...but it's not as far out to lunch as you make it seem. Jones is a weirdo when it comes to moving guys out of position.

Edited by gcn11

27 minutes ago, Noeller said:

****. No.  100% sincerely, I'm happier with The Fever....and I don't like The Fever.

Yup.

Although, the possibility that he would be magic would be really enticing, the reality that magic is just slight-of-hand, would quickly set in. Manziel ain't nothing but trouble.

Imagine MOS having to tell TMZ to get lost? He would lose his mind.

25 minutes ago, JCon said:

Yup.

Although, the possibility that he would be magic would be really enticing, the reality that magic is just slight-of-hand, would quickly set in. Manziel ain't nothing but trouble.

Imagine MOS having to tell TMZ to get lost? He would lose his mind.

Not only that, but if there was magic, there's a 99% chance he'd be in the NFL the next year.

5 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

No, but there is a Brady connection. Bishop was drafted by New England in 1999 and was ahead of Brady on their depth chart in 2000 - the year Brady was drafted. 

This is correct. I believe Michael Bishop had a strong pre season game. He was even billed as the QB of the future once upon a time for the Patriots. Can you imagine that!

32 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Not only that, but if there was magic, there's a 99% chance he'd be in the NFL the next year.

Great point!

If he does work out, it probably means that he's got things straightened out personally. If he gets things straightened out personally, there are plenty of NFL teams that will give him a chance.

2 hours ago, Kluchk said:

If you had the opportunity to bring in Mazneil, would you not do it?

Mazneil or Mazneal?

First, no, because he's not on our neg list.  Something we have in common with the Riders.  Hint hint Jones.

Second, probably not because he wouldn't want to be here.  All he'd be looking for is a way back to the NFL.  And while that doesn't make him unique, the circus that would follow him would be.  Guys who come to the CFL looking for a chance to get to the NFL do it by putting their head down, shutting up and doing the work.  The entirety of Manziel's existence to this point suggests he is incapable of at least two of those things.

23 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Anybody else think the Riders should just cut Glenn, sign Jamarcus Russell and let Russell and Young compete for the starting QB job? Would make a great show for TSN.

If that came to pass, the funniest thing would be that tiny car pulling up at midfield and all those players piling out one after the other.

On 2/16/2017 at 8:57 PM, rebusrankin said:

Anybody else think the Riders should just cut Glenn, sign Jamarcus Russell and let Russell and Young compete for the starting QB job? Would make a great show for TSN.

I've been thinking about this, which is sad, but anyhow...

I think they should keep Glenn AND sign Russell. 

The constant cuts to Glenn to see his reaction to the Young-Manziel-Russell shenanigans would be awesome. 

?format=500w

Each week, we would see Glenn in Jones' office begging to be cut or traded. And each week, Jones just laughs it off. 

1 hour ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Is Tori Gurley still unsigned? It's hard to believe that no one could find a spot on their roster for him, unless the attitude issues were real.

Isn't he still chasing NFL dream...?

Van Roten still out there too... Bell, Cummings, Sinkfield...

Biggest surprise is that Deane is not signed...

Losing hope that we're signing Elsworth...

5 hours ago, Floyd said:

Isn't he still chasing NFL dream...?

Van Roten still out there too... Bell, Cummings, Sinkfield...

Biggest surprise is that Deane is not signed...

Losing hope that we're signing Elsworth...

I saw on Twitter that Van Roten is exploring the NFL, Sinkfield too but if that doesn't work he's basically Hamilton-bound.

IMO Deane is a borderline guy... RG or 6th OL.  Someone will pick him up but I'm guessing he wants $$$$ and there aren't a lot of teams willing to shell out for a guy who will be depth going into training camp.  If he's a gambler he will wait.  Because the money will come real fast when someone NEEDS him... otherwise he's going to end up making 110-120k and entering camp as a number 6 OL.  I don't see any team where he would enter camp as a starter.

Huge fan of Shakir Bell right here.  Sask should forget about their NI RB pipe dream and sign Bell asap.  I'd love to see him in Winnipeg but the chances of that are slim to nil.

1 hour ago, Dirty30 said:

I'd like to see Gurly be given an opportunity to compete in TC with Smith and Denmark for astarting position 

Denmark, dressler, and adams spots will be really hard to steal. Assuming we start 1 NI, then its smith and every one else with a wide open 4th imp spot. Id take gurley over smith but having them fight for that spot would be the best scenario. 

26 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

High powered NFL agent dealing with Hicksville Jones? That should be interesting.

'$800,000 seems a bit low for a player of Vince's calibre... I want to make this work, maybe can we look at some incentives...'

'Um, that's, uh, actually $80,000... but we can include free timbits for life and some complimentary car washes.'