Around The League Off Season Discussion

Just now, Taynted_Fayth said:

you know despite the GM and HC picture unclear in Toronto they actually did quite well in the pick up vs loss department.

REC Adds:  Coombs, Fuller

REC Losses: Gurley, Hazelton, Elliott, Bates, Shaw, Spencer

You can basically add Greenwood, Van Roten, Whitaker as losses... 

Poor James Tuck didn't even get noticed as an add...

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

REC Adds:  Coombs, Fuller

REC Losses: Gurley, Hazelton, Elliott, Bates, Shaw, Spencer

You can basically add Greenwood, Van Roten, Whitaker as losses... 

Poor James Tuck didn't even get noticed as an add...

I was just going by FA  gurley Hazelton elliott and Bates were all cut part way through the seasons. 

I don't expect they are done either, I can see Shakir Bell in double blue, maybe they are it talks with Deane but waiting for the new GM/HC to come in a finalize and receivers as a whole might not be too hard to replace with recruiting and whomever the riders decide to part ways with

4 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Biggest off season acquisition this off season IMO: http://www.cfl.ca/2017/02/21/report-redblacks-acquire-drew-tate-trade-stamps/ 

This is the biggest? A broken down QB who hasn't played meaningful minutes in 5 years? Thrown 341 passes in 5 seasons?

Edited by JCon

1 minute ago, TBURGESS said:

Drew Tate is one of the best backup QB's in the league. He's thrown for 4670 yards and has 32 TD's to 15 Int's.  I'd take him over either of our backup QB's and it's not even close. 

Not arguing those numbers but when is the last time he actually threw in a meaningful game?  Mitchells been pretty consistent health wise his whole career.  

10 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Not arguing those numbers but when is the last time he actually threw in a meaningful game?  Mitchells been pretty consistent health wise his whole career.  

BLM has won all the meaningful games, so Tate's not had any chances. Not sure how that's a knock against Tate.

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

That's almost 600 yds per season over 8 seasons. How could we miss out?

Glenn was a bigger signing for Saskatchewan.

And 600yds per season - that's in-line with what LeFevour has thrown with a missed season.

Dollars to donuts that a trade within the division would not have been completed for a 5th rounder.

Just now, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Dollars to donuts that a trade within the division would not have been completed for a 5th rounder.

I'm sure Saskatchewan would have had to pay more. We weren't interested in a broken down QB, despite it being the biggest offseason move in some people's eyes.

8 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

BLM has won all the meaningful games, so Tate's not had any chances. Not sure how that's a knock against Tate.

well 3-4 years without doing much more then sneaks could lead one to believe he's got rust and or not have it anymore.  Something tells me after being starter in 2012 then losing the #1 to Glenn (13') then BLM(14' - current) means he lost something. I believe he got injured somewhere along the way as well, perhaps that had more to do with it then anything.  but more then enough reason to doubt he still has it

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

Tate to Ottawa is an interesting move... smart play Desjardins to secure some insurance for Harris... a lot of us are eating crow on Desjardins as a GM... I remember how we spoke about him when he was hired...

Anyways... I'm curious to know how the Rider fans are spinning this... knowing a decent QB was on the market and they missed out...

4 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Tate to Ottawa is an interesting move... smart play Desjardins to secure some insurance for Harris... a lot of us are eating crow on Desjardins as a GM... I remember how we spoke about him when he was hired...

Anyways... I'm curious to know how the Rider fans are spinning this... knowing a decent QB was on the market and they missed out...

Bur really, would you prefer to live in Pile O' Bones or Ottawa? No contest, particularly with having to look and listen to Chris Jones every day.

4 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Drew Tate??? decent qb??  career backup and a nut job. We need a starter