Around The League Off Season Discussion

5 hours ago, lyin' guy said:

I see the good folks at Riderfans are firing their artillery at a couple of members here.  

I wonder if they are wearing pink shirts while they attack? 

Meh I'm done posting over there. between the mods acting like assclowns banning any criticism by non-rider fans and the jonestown circle jerkers sippin on pink drinks and high fiving each other for mediocrity and league wide ridicule, not worth the time and effort anymore.  Tho I will pop in every now and then to watch them self implode with every loss and circus move Jones makes.  Green tears taste like unicorn farts

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

27 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Meh I'm done posting over there. between the mods acting like assclowns banning any criticism by non-rider fans and the jonestown circle jerkers sippin on pink drinks and high fiving each other for mediocrity and league wide ridicule, not worth the time and effort anymore.  Tho I will pop in every now and then to watch them self implode with every loss and circus move Jones makes.  Green tears taste like unicorn farts

The irony is they shoot their venom at outsiders, but they are killing themselves from within. 

5 hours ago, Mike said:

Part of me wants to just adopt the same approach they do over there. They always throw out the "if we acted like this on your forum, we would've been gone long ago" nonsense. Then I look at how we still allow folks like Kluch to continue posting and think ... boy, are they really that unaware?

As much as I like Gov and I can't even blame him for "allowing it", what was formerly a pretty good place to talk about football has fallen by the wayside and become overrun by idiots like Rotor and his little puppet RAJ. So many characters on that forum, it's essentially become a cesspool of inbred children's toys with only four programmable phrases that can be spit out at a time: "#1990!", "Mulberry bush", "Keep 'em comin, Jonesy!" and "hey, hands off my sister, she's mine!"

Really Mike? And you never do anything wrong on Riderfans? We both know everyone trolls on each other's forum. No one's perfect. That includes this board and Riderfans.com

11 minutes ago, Kluchk said:

Really Mike? And you never do anything wrong on Riderfans? We both know everyone trolls on each other's forum. No one's perfect. That includes this board and Riderfans.com

there's a difference between trolling and voicing an opposing opinion.  Take my banning last week, I said I thought Brouilette was only named all star because Courtney Stephen was hurt. If he's being paid what Hecht was its a good signing,  if hes making more I dont see the upside.

I wasn't being slanderous towards posters, mods, the riders org or Brouilette himself even, it was simply an opinion amidst several people pointing out he was an eastern all star like it validated him being a huge improvement over Hecht. If you disagree with me, argue the point. but I get a msg from CRF saying people are sick of my **** and banned for a week.  

if that's the kinda BS that gets you banned cuz i'm not a rider fan, and after reading so much junk written by "rider fans" slamming jones and co and players with not even so much as a slap on the wrist.  this is pretty much the look that says it all

Image result for wow gif

3 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

there's a difference between trolling and voicing an opposing opinion.  Take my banning last week, I said I thought Brouilette was only named all star because Courtney Stephen was hurt. If he's being paid what Hecht was its a good signing,  if hes making more I dont see the upside.

I wasn't being slanderous towards posters, mods, the riders org or Brouilette himself even, it was simply an opinion amidst several people pointing out he was an eastern all star like it validated him being a huge improvement over Hecht. If you disagree with me, argue the point. but I get a msg from CRF saying people are sick of my **** and banned for a week.  

if that's the kinda BS that gets you banned cuz i'm not a rider fan, and after reading so much junk written by "rider fans" slamming jones and co and players with not even so much as a slap on the wrist.  this is pretty much the look that says it all

Image result for wow gif

I don't agree with how those guys run that site. Some of those people over there need to walk away from the keyboard. 

7 minutes ago, Kluchk said:

I don't agree with how those guys run that site. Some of those people over there need to walk away from the keyboard. 

lately it seems like the inmates run the asylum and the mods are quick to pull the trigger on opposing fans then the actual **** disturbers in the threads. I get it it's a rider site, but it says a lot when other fans come in to talk/debate football and are quick to get punted while guys like BSD and his 2 bit backhanded comments run rampant in every thread and 99% of it is not even football related and do nothing but fan the flames.

but whateve's as i said i'm done posting there, between BSD, Raj, Fizz and Madhatter its pretty unreadable lately

2 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

lately it seems like the inmates run the asylum and the mods are quick to pull the trigger on opposing fans then the actual **** disturbers in the threads. I get it it's a rider site, but it says a lot when other fans come in to talk/debate football and are quick to get punted while guys like BSD and his 2 bit backhanded comments run rampant in every thread and 99% of it is not even football related and do nothing but fan the flames.

but whateve's as i said i'm done posting there, between BSD, Raj, Fizz and Madhatter its pretty unreadable lately

200 page threads with 10 pages of information. It's sad really.

2 hours ago, lyin' guy said:

The irony is they shoot their venom at outsiders, but they are killing themselves from within. 

The other irony is they mention how their site is the largest and best CFL forum eva and that fans from around the league want to post on Riderfans. However, they don't want these outsiders posting there. 

RiderFans is a cesspool of delusion being perpetrated and encouraged by CFL insider wannabes with an owner that seems like he has given up on encouraging and protecting football discussion. Poor Gov doesn't even realize that guys like Stronson, BSD, RAJ, etc. are going to be his undoing. He thinks his site is untouchable. Someone with ambition will take a run at his website when they are at their lowest, after his own mods make it unbearable, and he will find out how hard traffic can be to generate between two Rider forums. What he doesn't realize is that there are a ton of quality posters there that are Riderfans as well that are just as miffed and fed up with the bullying tactics. So far they have stuck around...soon they will realize they don't have too.

Hey LionGuy wanna go halfers on a new forum site? We'll go recruiting at Riderfans for Mods and members beforehand....hehehe

7 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

The other irony is they mention how their site is the largest and best CFL forum eva and that fans from around the league want to post on Riderfans. However, they don't want these outsiders posting there. 

Oh Gov wants the traffic....he needs those clicks. He just wants his cake and to eat it too.

50 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

RiderFans is a cesspool of delusion being perpetrated and encouraged by CFL insider wannabes with an owner that seems like he has given up on encouraging and protecting football discussion. Poor Gov doesn't even realize that guys like Stronson, BSD, RAJ, etc. are going to be his undoing. He thinks his site is untouchable. Someone with ambition will take a run at his website when they are at their lowest, after his own mods make it unbearable, and he will find out how hard traffic can be to generate between two Rider forums. What he doesn't realize is that there are a ton of quality posters there that are Riderfans as well that are just as miffed and fed up with the bullying tactics. So far they have stuck around...soon they will realize they don't have too.

Hey LionGuy wanna go halfers on a new forum site? We'll go recruiting at Riderfans for Mods and members beforehand....hehehe

His site is trending in the wrong direction. They will eat their own, they don't need any outsiders to collapse what they have. They are doing it themselves. 

I liked being there. It was fun and I had some good discussion, met some good people. But after they tasted success in 13 and then into a dumpster since it has been a difficult place.  Let them be I say. Just sit back and watch the carnage. Which on one hand is a crying shame, but on the other........delicious.   

PS. Gov is part of the problem. When the mods start treating all members as equals then they will make some gains. Yes it's a Rider site, but it's not exclusive. If you are a member, you are a member; they way you are treated shouldn't be defined by the team you support. If they want an exclusive club, then punt the other teams fans and make it exclusive.  You can't just have members from other teams there to kiss your ass. It doesn't work that way. 

Edited by lyin' guy

I've lurked on Riderfans in the past, but really, who gives a flying frack? That's their business, whether they stand or fall as a fan forum. My experience says that if the nuts take over the forum, the sane people leave, and eventually the forum implodes and shuts down. That said, let us show a decent level of respect to visiting CFL fans, so long as they reciprocate. That doesn't mean we will stop insulting them in good measure. 

Full disclosure: I lived in Regina for 5 years, and met a lot of good people who were only distantly related to each other, and only a few had vestigial tails and more than 5 digits on each hand or foot.