Around The League Off Season Discussion

If I was an Argo fan I'd be so unexcited for the Popp hiring. He was one of the worst GM's in the CFL the last few years of his time in Montreal. Now, Trestman? Different story. Popp should be on a short leash as it is & told that if he ever wants to coach again he'll be fired.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

If I was an Argo fan I'd be so unexcited for the Popp hiring. He was one of the worst GM's in the CFL the last few years of his time in Montreal. Now, Trestman? Different story. Popp should be on a short leash as it is & told that if he ever wants to coach again he'll be fired.

Realistically, with the very short time frame, and with the selection as limited as it was, it was probably as good as it could be under the circumstances. Besides, Trestman said he would come to Canada only if Popp was part of the package.

I'm a big Trestman fan. Popp is a good GM. As long as he doesn't try to be a coach again, they should be great additions to the Argos. Should have happened back in December if they wanted to have the maximum chance at a winning season this year, but I still think they will make a pretty big difference this year.

52 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I'm a big Trestman fan. Popp is a good GM. As long as he doesn't try to be a coach again, they should be great additions to the Argos. Should have happened back in December if they wanted to have the maximum chance at a winning season this year, but I still think they will make a pretty big difference this year.

Popp was a good GM. Not the last 5 years.

Popp spent 21 seasons as the Montreal Alouettes general manager (1996-2016), leading the franchise to eight Grey Cup appearances, winning three. Two of those titles came with Trestman as the club’s head coach (2009-10).

Andrew Michael Cash to Toronto?

Edited by Mark F

20 hours ago, Rich said:

I am a little confused... are these two the same person?:

http://www.bluebombers.com/football-operations/paul-boudreau/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Boudreau

and if not, which one are we getting? Lawless better not have just googled the name...

If they are two different people, we will have two Coach Paul_Boudreaux

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy