Around The League Off Season Discussion

2 hours ago, JCon said:

You have to think Walters/MOS will target 'football guys'. Players that love the game. Eat, sleep, and breathe the game.

Eat, Sleep, Conquer, Repeat. Careful about guys who love football.

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/brock-lesnar-takes-a-break-between-drills-picture-id83470263?s=594x594

Edited by SpeedFlex27
edit

5 hours ago, bearpants said:

I don't love the idea of not taking an OL with one of our 2 picks... but the idea of getting 2 guys who could contribute this season is nice... and it depends on who might be available at 15 as well...

Id really like gray, but I feel like with our starting 5 + couture is pretty locked in. I like intzandt as a developmental guy too. Id love to see ankou and butcher together. That could be a real future twin towers esq combo up the middle for us. 

Id much rather have simonise then vandervoort. But similar to ankou I dont think either will be in the cfl this year. Vandervoort im sure will be. 

4 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Was Etienne compared to Fantuz too? ?

Nah fantuz had a real pro body coming out. When jade was picked he had the build of a 14 year old girl. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

brock wasnt at all one of those guys. He was a physical specimen that dabbled in every thing. Skipped ball in the ncaa all together and only came back around to it. But after being the last cut just gave up on football.

Just now, kelownabomberfan said:

also Simonise may bolt to the NFL.  Speaking of our draft picks bolting to the NFL - any word on Bilikudi or Mulumba?

The rumor was that the bengals wanted simonise back in camp this year. With his size and speed its hard to imagine him not in an nfl camp. Bilikudi retired from football. Mulumba just signed a futures deal with the chiefs. 

37 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

also Simonise may bolt to the NFL.  Speaking of our draft picks bolting to the NFL - any word on Bilikudi or Mulumba?

Where have you been? 

Bilukidi is kinda retired and minding his own business 

Mulumba signed a future contract with the Oakland Raiders

1 hour ago, Jpan85 said:

Why would you hope he fails?

Hasn't he already? How long should a player have before you move on as an organization? The same things were said about Etienne. That he deserves a chance. That if we give up on him he'll go somewhere else & become a good player which didn't happen. To me, he's had the chances. Injuries are a ***** but they're part of the game. Some players seem more injury prone than others. Richards has been injured since his first training camp. Not saying he isn't a nice guy. Not saying he doesn't have potential. However, it hasn't worked out that way. I think it's time to move on. He'll be at camp this June so we'll see what happens.

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Hasn't he already? How long should a player have before you move on as an organization? The same things were said about Etienne. That he deserves a chance. That if we give up on him he'll go somewhere else & become a good player which didn't happen. To me, he's had the chances. Injuries are a ***** but they're part of the game. Some players seem more injury prone than others. Richards has been injured since his first training camp. Not saying he isn't a nice guy. Not saying he doesn't have potential. However, it hasn't worked out that way. I think it's time to move on. He'll be at camp this June so we'll see what happens.

I mean ... the easy and logical answer is "at least the length of his first contract"

Canadian receivers probably have the lowest production rates of any rookies coming into the CFL. If they're not backups, they play the least desirable spot for a receiver on the field and are asked to contribute more in ways that don't show up on the stat sheet than ways that do.

I don't know how anyone can say Richards has failed. He said barely scratched the surface so far. It's just the "cool" thing to harp on the guy.

23 minutes ago, Mike said:

I mean ... the easy and logical answer is "at least the length of his first contract"

Canadian receivers probably have the lowest production rates of any rookies coming into the CFL. If they're not backups, they play the least desirable spot for a receiver on the field and are asked to contribute more in ways that don't show up on the stat sheet than ways that do.

I don't know how anyone can say Richards has failed. He said barely scratched the surface so far. It's just the "cool" thing to harp on the guy.

He'll be at camp. I assume this is the last year of his contract so 2017 will be a huge for Richards. Hopefully, the injury bug will leave him alone this season.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

IMO it's unfair to say he's "failed" thus far... certainly not lived up to expectations... but this is a make or break year for him... need to see something from him going froward...

And no, no one said that Etienne would go somewhere else and become a good player... ;)