Around The League Off Season Discussion

52 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Can you explain how any of that suggests that Richards is anything other than a failure at this point in his CFL career?

Someone has to explain to you why having not had a much of a chance to demonstrate his abilities isn't the same as being a failure at it?

Why bother?  Your constant use of that word says far more about you than it does him.

In the strictest sense, CFL teams aren't allowed to sign players serving an NFL suspension.  I don't think that rule has any subsections that pertain to the CFL draft.  So in my simple mind, being able to draft him but not sign him makes sense with the existing rules.

Of course, just giving him a normal suspension makes far more sense than that option, but trust the CFL to go with "none of the above".

Edit - I see they added this draft eligibility rule a year ago.  That's fine then, I thought they were once again making up policy as they go.

Edited by mbrg

10 minutes ago, mbrg said:

In the strictest sense, CFL teams aren't allowed to sign players serving an NFL suspension.  I don't think that rule has any subsections that pertain to the CFL draft.  So in my simple mind, being able to draft him but not sign him makes sense with the existing rules.

Of course, just giving him a normal suspension makes far more sense than that option, but trust the CFL to go with "none of the above".

That rule is legitimately crazy.  The likelihood of Simonise serving that NFL suspension is low.  Would that mean he'd never be eligible to play in he CFL since he can't be signed while under NFL suspension?  Man this league is a mess on the PED issue.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

That rule is legitimately crazy.  The likelihood of Simonise serving that NFL suspension is low.  Would that mean he'd never be eligible to play in he CFL since he can't be signed while under NFL suspension?  Man this league is a mess on the PED issue.

Thank the Argos & Ricky Williams for that. The NFL wasn't happy & they let our league know it. #dontpokethebear

Just now, M.O.A.B. said:

What if we can sign Steele without releasing Hurl?

Hurl's value is....debatable and probably not worth the premium he is getting to have been the starting MLB. If it comes down to either Steele or Hurl, I know which way I'm voting.