Around The League Off Season Discussion

9 hours ago, Jacquie said:

So before the current drug policy was introduced people were bitching and complaining about the lack of one and now when someone is penalized under it people are bitching and complaining about it. SMH  And no, it doesn't surprise me.

I think it's good they finally have a drug policy but disagree on how it's being implemented. Funny how nuance works. 

Eyes wide open, teams should still be able to draft Simonise but he shouldn't be able to play until a four game suspension has been served.

EDIT: I'm not sure how a four game NFL suspension equates to an 18-game plus playoffs in the CFL?

Edited by JCon

10 hours ago, Jacquie said:

So before the current drug policy was introduced people were bitching and complaining about the lack of one and now when someone is penalized under it people are bitching and complaining about it. SMH  And no, it doesn't surprise me.

tbh i liked it better when recreational drugs were not tested for. I dont think peds is a huge problem in the league. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

tbh i liked it better when recreational drugs were not tested for. I dont think peds is a huge problem in the league. 

He was suspended for using performance enhancing drugs. 

BTW, from what I read his suspension was lifted in October last year.

3 hours ago, Jacquie said:

He was suspended for using performance enhancing drugs. 

BTW, from what I read his suspension was lifted in October last year.

I was more talking about over all league wide. I had no clue what his suspension was for personally xD

21 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Big extension for a big man....curious if long contracts become "a thing" now...

no kidding. I wonder if its a true 4 year or 3 plus an option or some thing. Do they have recurring team options? Short of a top 10 player in the league including all none qb positions or a qb i cant see giving that term in the cfl. Too much changes too fast and the shelf life of football players is scary short. 

Stubler should have stayed in Calgary. What a bad career move. Leave Calgary for Toronto. Stubler bounces around more than a basketball. Word was Dickenson wanted him to stay on staff & was caught off guard when he left. Now a year later he's unemployed as teams have their staffs in place. He has to be in his late 60's now so maybe it's the end of the coaching line for him.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

7 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

How come the Riders have all this cap space signing players left & right & we don't?

They don't have a QB.  The "cap space" thing is kind of a joke anyway because how it's done in the CFL everyone pretty much has the same amount until a game is played and then it gets interesting, unless a bunch of money has been deferred from the past seasons which is mostly a Taman and Jim Popp philosophy.