Around The League Off Season Discussion

3 hours ago, gcn11 said:

I don't but hope I'm wrong. I think the level of NFL interest in him is exaggerated.

I agree, but the NFL seems to have shifted it's attitude from it's not worth the trip to Canada to making sure no player slips thru the cracks, so a post-draft contract offer and a trip to a training camp would fit with what they've been doing lately.

7 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I don't think it's a cap space issue as much as it's a 'We've already spent as much as budgeted on the DL'. Having 2 first round picks will cost a bunch too.

The Riders seem to spend like drunken sailors. We hear oh they have room because Durant's gone. Then they go out & sign a slew of veteran players in free agency. I don't get it. When will the cap audit of each team come out?

14 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The Riders seem to spend like drunken sailors. We hear oh they have room because Durant's gone. Then they go out & sign a slew of veteran players in free agency. I don't get it. When will the cap audit of each team come out?

Well the audit for what they're spending this year won't come out till next year

12 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Riders trying to have open tryouts in another CFL city?

Riders have done nothing but sign other team's cast offs. They have recruited no one with how many scouts?  And they want to hold a tryout in another CFL city. Jones is either oblivious or has industrial size balls that say F U to the test of the league. Either way, loose cannons shoot themselves in the foot eventually. 

8 minutes ago, lyin' guy said:

Riders have done nothing but sign other team's cast offs. They have recruited no one with how many scouts?  And they want to hold a tryout in another CFL city. Jones is either oblivious or has industrial size balls that say F U to the test of the league. Either way, loose cannons shoot themselves in the foot eventually. 

Jones seems to have **** for brains. Total disrespect for the Als & the rest of the CFL. Like you said, eventually he'll screw up so bad he'll be fired.

Edited by SpeedFlex27