Around The League Off Season Discussion

47 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Riders trying to have open tryouts in another CFL city?

And the worst part? Rider fans seem to think there's nothing wrong with the way Jones conducts his business. They've wholly swallowed the concoction that Jones has brewed. They ask why the commissionaire has it in for them...again.

Then they find out:

Oops!!

13 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

And the worst part? Rider fans seem to think there's nothing wrong with the way Jones conducts his business. They've wholly swallowed the concoction that Jones has brewed. They ask why the commissionaire has it in for them...again.

Then they find out:

Oops!!

How long do you think it will before "the good ole boys" CLUB  actually takes some action against Jones ? Apparently "shunning" is having zero effect ....

The situation in Regina is nothing short of hillarious. Jones is totally inept as well as arrogant, and the willfully blind seals there just clap on command and blame everyone else. Sounds like American politics. Fairly recently the Calgary Flames' GM was fired for committing one gaffe after another due to either not knowing the rules or deciding to ignore them. The stubblejumpers should hope this happens to Jones. I feel for the sincere and comitted fans in Regina (both of them) who are witnessing the Glieberization of their beloved team.

This dough head in Regina is a menace to the CFL....Does the guy have no common sense...Seems to elude him orrrrrr he deliberately is trying to irk everyone in the league...I think the commissioner (one of his best buddies LOL) might have to have a little sit down with this loser and explain the rules of the league...And by the way...is that illegal house this bozo was operating still in operation...Cripes...some kind of harsh message has to be sent to this guy before he's allowed to besmirch the league any further.

I remember when Jones first arrived there. There was a photo of him all in black with his coaches around him. He looked liked an old west outlaw and the people at RFs loved it. Posts there referenced his FU attitude and that they were going to be hated; and they loved that thought.  Well, this is what you want? This is what you've got.  Don't whine when other teams take umbrage with what your inept, arrogant leaders are doing.   Jones isn't stupid, he's arrogant.  And IMO he's wearing thin on everyone outside of Saskatchewan. Some there too by the sounds of it.  Why all the media attention on him?  Well, just look to our neighbours to the south for the answer to that. Everyone loves a train wreck.

Ego is a powerful drug.  

51 minutes ago, lyin' guy said:

I remember when Jones first arrived there. There was a photo of him all in black with his coaches around him. He looked liked an old west outlaw and the people at RFs loved it. Posts there referenced his FU attitude and that they were going to be hated; and they loved that thought.  Well, this is what you want? This is what you've got.  Don't whine when other teams take umbrage with what your inept, arrogant leaders are doing.   Jones isn't stupid, he's arrogant.  And IMO he's wearing thin on everyone outside of Saskatchewan. Some there too by the sounds of it.  Why all the media attention on him?  Well, just look to our neighbours to the south for the answer to that. Everyone loves a train wreck.

Ego is a powerful drug.  

its like the early 2ks don matthews led als. Except with out any of the success. And some how more hated.

6 minutes ago, tracker said:

Its interesting reading the thread at Riderfans. Initially, the posts were almost totally a mixture of "poor us" and "they're out to get us", but as the thread progressed, the postings have become more and more angry at Jones. Interesting. Fragments of sanity returning there.

Just anger, not sanity.

The pitchforks are out and they haven't even lost a game yet this season.

Wait until The Vince Young Experience rolls into town.

So according to 3downnation it looks like the Esks are on the verge of signing Cory Greenwood. It implies that they may be looking to change their Canadian ratio situation (reason for signing Cummings, releasing Steele). I wonder if this might shake JC Sherritt lose. He sure would look good in Blue and Gold.

Ultimately, like in all sports, it'll all about wins and losses... fans are willing to overlook these transgressions in the off-season, when it's all about retooling and optimism for the upcoming season.... but if they start piling up ticks in the L column early on, many will start to change their tune...

Fun to watch the gong show... but I still think Brandon Bridge is a much better QB than people are giving him credit for and the Kevin Glenn is a pretty impressive insurance policy.

That being said, next off-season is going to be a mess once they realize that they need to actually pay a QB... and have to cut most of these signings or ask guys to restructure.

52 minutes ago, JCon said:

Just anger, not sanity.

The pitchforks are out and they haven't even lost a game yet this season.

Wait until The Vince Young Experience rolls into town.

Anger would have to be the sane response to all this unnecessary crap for any rational fan. Not a whole lot different than it was in this forum when Sleepy Joe was at the helm of the Bombers- just a matter of degree.

Vince Young.  They let Darian Durant, a GC winning elite QB with 5 good years at least left in the tank,  walk to sign Kevin Glenn and Vince Young.  Innovative geniuses is what Murphy and Jones are.  We just can't see it.

Brendan Taman would have been lynched had he pulled this.  Embarrassing.  I feel bad for a few of the really good people at RFs.  As for the rest, I can't stop laughing.

The Saskatchewan Retreads.  If you have him, or get rid of him, we want him.   We have a network of 100 scouts diligently reviewing every player that every CFL team gets rid of. 

Edited by lyin' guy

Wonder if they gonna neg list Romo now he being released...then go and dump Young as Romo more game ready...Would be a typical Jones maneuver and totally par for the course and excellent off season entertainment

17 minutes ago, lyin' guy said:

Vince Young.  They let Darian Durant, a GC winning elite QB with 5 good years at least left in the tank,  walk to sign Kevin Glenn and Vince Young.  Innovative geniuses is what Murphy and Jones are.  We just can't see it.

Brendan Taman would have been lynched had he pulled this.  Embarrassing.  I feel bad for a few of the really good people at RFs.  As for the rest, I can't stop laughing.

The Saskatchewan Retreads.  If you have him, or get rid of him, we want him.   We have a network of 100 scouts diligently reviewing every player that every CFL team gets rid of. 

:lol: No kidding. michael bishop clone at best.