Around The League Off Season Discussion

3 hours ago, Jacquie said:

No. The arrest occurred in early 2016 and Reaves was released by the Bombers at the end of TC that year.

I wonder if that and the current regimes emphasis on "character" is why he was released. 

1 hour ago, tracker said:

The vast majority of nose candy dealers are users who have turned to retailing to pay for their own habit and then have found out how lucrative it can be. Jordan was the author of his own misfortune but I feel most for his parents. Willard was/is a good guy but this is a parent's nightmare.

small time dealers sure. The largest pushers are closer to the distributors these days. The white market in the area has been hotly contested, and there have been a bunch of arrests going back a few years now. Junkie pushers arent a good way to stay out of jail. 

4 hours ago, Atomic said:

It's just cocaine, whatever

:P with the white liquor its the violence brought on by the amounts of money that would be the concern. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

I wonder if that and the current regimes emphasis on "character" is why he was released. 

If the Bombers had known about the arrest I doubt he would have been at TC. And if they thought he had character issues then I doubt he would have made it to the final cuts of TC.

44 minutes ago, Jacquie said:

If the Bombers had known about the arrest I doubt he would have been at TC. And if they thought he had character issues then I doubt he would have made it to the final cuts of TC.

He was arrested early 2016 and cut early 2016 could have been when they found out. It was the 2015 tc and PR he was here.

2 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Reaves was cut by us in June 2015 & signed by the Riders in January 2016.  His arrest was months after he was Bomber property.

"He played in two pre-season games as a wide receiver and recorded one catch for six yards. Reaves was part of the team's final cuts on June 20, 2016."

what i was going by

Just caught  an interview with Kevin Fogg on the CFL site...What a great guy to have on the club...As well as being a very talented db and returner he has an attitude every player should have...Obviously great  things await Kevin in the coming years here...He luvs playing for the Bombers and it sure shows...He sings as well and has a pretty good voice....who knew...Apparently Denmark has a recording studio where a few of the players hang out...Clarence and Kevin definitely have got it right and glad they're Bombers.

On 3/15/2017 at 2:06 PM, mbrg said:

While I enjoy Taylor's attempts to bring greater statistical analysis to the CFL, it might be time to point out to him that "Points Above Expected" isn't a real stat, and Maher's 82% FG accuracy made him the 6th best kicker in a 9 team league last season.

8th best if you want to include McCallum and Early.

Apparently the Browns agree with Taylor's analysis

8 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

I feel like they are on the right path. They have eight picks in the first two rounds this year and next 28 overall. Much like the Cowboys in the late 80's. If they can find a QB in the next two drafts they will get better.

At least they are trying to build their OL.  Always a good place to start.