Around The League Off Season Discussion

13 hours ago, wbbfan said:

that is a strange provision. I dont think ive ever seen a pending active play as a future out side of PTBNL, which is cash a huge percentage of the time. 

The only time I can remember something similar is when Mike Kelly traded Romby Bryant and Arjei Franklin for Odell Willis mid-season, then after the season ended, the Bombers received OL Derek Armstrong to finalize the trade.

Driving over to the guys house isn't necessary.  

A two minute phone call that basically says "We appreciate everything you've done for the Argos but we are now going in a new direction."  is a much more professional way to run an organisation then sending this over a text.   Then again, maybe I'm just old fashioned.

8 minutes ago, Rich said:

A two minute phone call that basically says "We appreciate everything you've done for the Argos but we are now going in a new direction."  is a much more professional way to run an organisation then sending this over a text.   Then again, maybe I'm just old fashioned.

If he's one of your players, yeah, I agree a phone call is the way to go.

But when it's a totally new regime and they are cutting up the roster... I think that expectation goes out the window.  Just my opinion....

10 minutes ago, Rich said:

Agree, agree, agree.

It's not like Foley did anything wrong. The least you should do is pick up the phone and tell the guy.

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

If he's one of your players, yeah, I agree a phone call is the way to go.

But when it's a totally new regime and they are cutting up the roster... I think that expectation goes out the window.  Just my opinion....

He's a player, not management. You sign a contract with a team, not with a GM. If don't treat the players with respect, why would you expect them to treat the team with respect?

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

He's a player, not management. You sign a contract with a team, not with a GM. If don't treat the players with respect, why would you expect them to treat the team with respect?

You don't expect him to treat the team with respect because he's been released

14 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

It's completely unprofessional to fire anyone via text. Face to face is best, but if Foley can't make it to the club's offices, then over the phone would be OK.

Agreed. However I don't like Foley and think he's been an over hyped bum most of his career. That and he took a shot at Stegall a few years back so I'm cool with how Popp handled this!