Around The League Off Season Discussion

Just now, SPuDS said:

this.  

A boss should always step up and either do this in person or failing that, via phone or even skype.   a text.. that just screams laziness and lack of any professionalism. 

Hell, even people who break up with people via text should just man up and do it civilized like.

as has been noted: They DID call him....it went to VM, so they left a message. They then called the agent and told HIM of their plans. When nobody could get a hold of him, he was then texted.

On 2017-03-31 at 3:23 PM, Noeller said:

if memory serves, he's played mostly (if not ONLY) guard....

pretty sure you're accurate with this. Don't recall him at tackle for any extended period of time, if it was it was for emergency fill in.

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

as has been noted: They DID call him....it went to VM, so they left a message. They then called the agent and told HIM of their plans. When nobody could get a hold of him, he was then texted.

still.. its something that ought to have been done in person or via a direct communication imo.  regardless of if they "tried" to contact him.   unless his bonus was due like, tomorrow.. then calling the next day or sending a rep down to talk to him would have been the move I would have made or expected to have seen happen..

*shrug*

3 hours ago, SPuDS said:

still.. its something that ought to have been done in person or via a direct communication imo.  regardless of if they "tried" to contact him.   unless his bonus was due like, tomorrow.. then calling the next day or sending a rep down to talk to him would have been the move I would have made or expected to have seen happen..

*shrug*

They tried to call him multiple times, giving him more than 12 hours to respond. When they couldn't reach him they called Johnathon Hardaway, his agent. I had also heard Hardaway told them that Foley didn't want to talk to them.

Foley was due a bonus on April 1st, and tried to make this out as poor me... 

Edited by Dr. Blue

23 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

this.  

A boss should always step up and either do this in person or failing that, via phone or even skype.   a text.. that just screams laziness and lack of any professionalism. 

Hell, even people who break up with people via text should just man up and do it civilized like.

Is a rock through a window acceptable?  I told her it wasn't but would she ever listen.....no, never...

53 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

still.. its something that ought to have been done in person or via a direct communication imo.  regardless of if they "tried" to contact him.   unless his bonus was due like, tomorrow.. then calling the next day or sending a rep down to talk to him would have been the move I would have made or expected to have seen happen.

He was cut on March 31st with a bonus due April 1st so it actually was that time sensitive. 

Now that more of the story has come out, I retract my statement about Toronto being in the same class as the Riders.  It's just Foley just being Foley.

8 hours ago, Dr. Blue said:

They tried to call him multiple times, giving him more than 12 hours to respond. When they couldn't reach him they called Johnathon Hardaway, his agent. I had also heard Hardaway told them that Foley didn't want to talk to them.

Foley was due a bonus on April 1st, and tried to make this out as poor me... **I hate my phone**       and if that's the case then I agree 100% with the text.. he was obviously ducking the calls..  Toronto tried and Foley has been known to pull dumb stuff..

8 hours ago, Dr. Blue said:

Foley was due a bonus on April 1st, and tried to make this out as poor me... 

Well there you go...

Maybe he'll go on a CFL tour now to see which team wants to sign him.

17 hours ago, bigg jay said:

He was cut on March 31st with a bonus due April 1st so it actually was that time sensitive. 

Now that more of the story has come out, I retract my statement about Toronto being in the same class as the Riders.  It's just Foley just being Foley.

maybe he figured if he avoid them long enough he could get the bonus... :D

18 hours ago, SPuDS said:

pretty sure you're accurate with this. Don't recall him at tackle for any extended period of time, if it was it was for emergency fill in.

Greaves lined up at TE in some formations in Edmonton... but if memory serves me correctly, he was strictly a guard in Winnipeg...

A couple of unsubstantiated posts by Eskimo fans suggest that the word in Edmonton is that the BOD of the Eskimos held and emergency meeting this morning concerning actions by Ed Hervey. Not sure what that means...just that it was a sudden development.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Blue said:

My first thought is that it he must have done something unethical, or he blew the cap out of the water.

There has to be some other reason other than performance, or else it would have been done months ago.

Agreed it could be financial, the CFL auditors were supposed to release their cap accounting for 2016 this past Weds., so far nothing has been released.