Around The League Off Season Discussion

4 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

I read on the CFL.ca forum that the server's hard drive failed and they didn't have a back up so they lost everything. They have to build things from scratch, kind of like their team.

I don't know what could have gone wrong. They followed the Chris Jones directive "How to Get Rid of Deadbeats" to a T...

It's nice being able to glance over and read other team's fans opinions of their team as well as how they value other players throughout the league. It's hard to try enjoy discussion with Rider fans because they live in an echo chamber with morons like Pederson pomppomping and don't have any other professional sports teams to cheer for so a lot of them have disillusions about their own team, but it is still very valuable resource. Hopefully they get it figured out soon. It would be nice if every team had an online presence, honestly.

Edited by Judd

44 minutes ago, Judd said:

It's nice being able to glance over and read other team's fans opinions of their team as well as how they value other players throughout the league. It's hard to try enjoy discussion with Rider fans because they live in an echo chamber with morons like Pederson pomppomping and don't have any other professional sports teams to cheer for so a lot of them have disillusions about their own team, but it is still very valuable resource. Hopefully they get it figured out soon. It would be nice if every team had an online presence, honestly.

AFAIK, the RedBlacks have nothing like we have here. The Als is French. They also have an English version but when I checked it in the past, it wasn't very active. Not that the French one is very active either.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

I have a feeling once the initial shock of RF runs it course most posters will eventually venture over and post in the roughrider section on cfl.ca its actually not that bad of a site despite a lot lower traffic, but unfortunately for the bomber section,  Nate is ever present and watering it down with his dumb nicknames and hate for everything front office about our team

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I have a feeling once the initial shock of RF runs it course most posters will eventually venture over and post in the roughrider section on cfl.ca its actually not that bad of a site despite a lot lower traffic, but unfortunately for the bomber section,  Nate is ever present and watering it down with his dumb nicknames and hate for everything front office about our team

We should have an all out assault & drive Nate off there.

2 hours ago, bearpants said:

Sounds like a dream retirement job...

...Actually Bob hasn't played a big role at OB for a few years now. He's been in semi retirement awhile. Only works during Bombers season, only covers Bombers now. 

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

...Actually Bob hasn't played a big role at OB for a few years now. He's been in semi retirement awhile. Only works during Bombers season, only covers Bombers now. 

I thought he was the director of the sports programming (or something)?

8 minutes ago, JCon said:

I thought he was the director of the sports programming (or something)?

They call him CJOB Sports Director, but I believe that's a title. AFAIK, Bob's been in semi-retirement for about 5 years now. Doesn't work during the winter...

12 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I believe Curt Keilback is still kicking around Wpg., he'd be a decent replacement for Bob.

won't happen in a hundred million years.....it'll be Bauming, if anyone.....

The guy's been back in Wpg for awhile now, and has only been working some MJHL hockey games (to my knowledge, he has no football experience), without getting a sniff of anything else. He either doesn't want the full time work, or he's not wanted. Either way...at his age....it's not happening. He's getting close to retirement age himself. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

The guy's been back in Wpg for awhile now, and has only been working some MJHL hockey games (to my knowledge, he has no football experience), without getting a sniff of anything else. He either doesn't want the full time work, or he's not wanted. Either way...at his age....it's not happening. He's getting close to retirement age himself. 

According to Wikipedia, he's two years older than Bob

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

won't happen in a hundred million years.....it'll be Bauming, if anyone.....

and, seeing that Curt doesn't have that sort of longevity in him, I'm thinking that you're right.

Calling football is a unique talent...can't just be a hockey PBP guy and transfer. The TSN guys like Cuthbert and Miller are extremely unique talents, pulling double duty. Takes a lot of passion for the sport you're covering. I'm certain there's up and comers in the City who will hopefully get a shot one day. 

11 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Bob will leave very big shoes to fill as a bombers pbp guy but i hope the goldeyes pbp (or former) that i believe does hockey games now on the radio never touches the bombers.  cant stand listening to him... name escapes me tho

Paul Edmonds, It's a Pow-pow-powerplay GOAL!!!

Edited by IC Khari