Around The League Off Season Discussion

Commish making an example out of this one:

STATEMENT FROM CANADIAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE COMMISSIONER JEFFREY L. ORRIDGE ON JUSTIN COX

Earlier today, the Saskatchewan Roughrider Football Club released Justin Cox after being informed of an incident involving domestic violence. Our clubs have been informed that should any team decide to sign Mr. Cox to a Standard Player Contract, I will refuse to register that contract. This authority rests with the Commissioner under our league’s Constitution.

The Canadian Football League is committed to doing its part to eradicate violence against women. As is stated in our Policy on Violence Against Women, “the CFL condemns violence against women in all of its forms, including domestic violence, sexual violence, sexual assault, and verbal abuse, as well as the disrespectful and demeaning attitudes that foster violence or the tolerance of such violence.” In keeping with the policy, the CFL has worked with Saskatchewan to ensure appropriate outreach is made to local police and support and counseling services. We must all do what we can to ensure the safety of women and to urge perpetrators to seek the help they need to change their behaviour and stop the violence.

-CFL Commissioner Jeffrey L. Orridge 

3 hours ago, mbrg said:

Hopefully this time they have the good sense to sell some ad space on the site.

Man, I don't know how many times I clicked on that realtor's ad in error.

My issue with that site is how many so called insiders they have. It seems everyone knows a guy but they don't post any info as it would disclose their source. They just come out of the woodwork after the fact and say oh I heard about this.

11 minutes ago, TrueBlue said:

Commish making an example out of this one:

Guilty until proven innocent?  I guess this is the result of having multiple incidents along the same line.  However I wouldn't want to see similar action taken against someone facing charges for their first offence.  Convictions, sure, but not charges.

45 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

If only the CFL had been this diligent about performance enhancing drugs as well as suspending players for such offenses. Orridge had to be dragged kicking & screaming into the 21st century on that one.

Different kinds of offences will yield different actions.  You can't really compare a PED offence to an assault.

The Violence Against Women initiative I would also think plays a part in how this was worthy of a public statement like this. 

3 minutes ago, TrueBlue said:

Different kinds of offences will yield different actions.  You can't really compare a PED offence to an assault.

The Violence Against Women initiative I would also think plays a part in how this was worthy of a public statement like this. 

I understand & agree. My point was Orridge tried to prevent testing. It was public pressure as well as the CFLPA who pressured him into relenting. The guy isn't what he seems to be.

19 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Man, I don't know how many times I clicked on that realtor's ad in error.

My issue with that site is how many so called insiders they have. It seems everyone knows a guy but they don't post any info as it would disclose their source. They just come out of the woodwork after the fact and say oh I heard about this.

There is a douchebag mod over there with the initials RS who claims to have insider knowledge about everything. Over the past year he has been wrong about virtually everything he claimed to know about. His accuracy is about as good as that clown that used to make up fake TC reports around our forums....yet they made him a moderator and allow him to ban anyone who questions the accuracy of his inside info. Then they wonder why the site has a bad rap. lmao

Gov don't care as long as the cheques roll in.

Edited by gcn11

10 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

There is a douchebag mod over there with the initials RS who claims to have insider knowledge about everything. Over the past year he has been wrong about virtually everything he claimed to know about. His accuracy is about as good as that clown that used to make up fake TC reports around our forums....yet they made him a moderator and allow him to ban anyone who questions the accuracy of his inside info. Then they wonder why the site has a bad rap. lmao

As someone who thinks Stronson is a major jerkoff, the majority of this is untrue.

20 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

I can't remember the topic, but it was some big news a few weeks ago where the op gave the story and a link. The very first post after that was RS stating that he already knew this, but just didn't say anything. The next two pages devolved into their different cliques fighting over whether or not he looked like an idiot for posting that.

1 hour ago, gcn11 said:

Let's call him Rider S..... no no, that's too obvious.... we'll say R Stronson

1 hour ago, Mike said:

As someone who thinks Stronson is a major jerkoff, the majority of this is untrue.

Exaggerated...perhaps....untrue...nope not at all. I retract the statement about his accuracy being zero and will replace it with it being low, and the rest is completely true. Don't believe me ask Lyin'Guy. People are banned by Stronson all the time simply for calling out his accuracy. There are people all over various CFL forums that have reported this.

Edited by gcn11

28 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

I can't remember the topic, but it was some big news a few weeks ago where the op gave the story and a link. The very first post after that was RS stating that he already knew this, but just didn't say anything. The next two pages devolved into their different cliques fighting over whether or not he looked like an idiot for posting that.

I saw that thread...and yes he looked like an idiot for doing that. The topic was Ed Hervey being fired. Apparently RS, a self proclaimed hater of the evil empire, was a torch bearer for this secret. He knew about it but chose not to tell anyone. Yea right...

Edited by gcn11

37 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

Exaggerated...perhaps....untrue...nope not at all. I retract the statement about his accuracy being zero and will replace it with it being low, and the rest is completely true. Don't believe me ask Lyin'Guy. People are banned by Stronson all the time simply for calling out his accuracy. There are people all over various CFL forums that have reported this.

Someone got banned from Riderfans...

All I will say is that they don't ban anyone just for questioning RS (or anyone else) - you've had a very long leash over there, as have I, and you know it. The times you were banned, you definitely deserved it (as did I when I was banned) and it was probably long overdue. I don't think we'd do anything differently over here.

And Gov does care.

The rest of it is largely accurate.

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

All I will say is that they don't ban anyone just for questioning RS (or anyone else) - you've had a very long leash over there, as have I, and you know it. The times you were banned, you definitely deserved it (as did I when I was banned) and it was probably long overdue. I don't think we'd do anything differently over here.

And Gov does care.

The rest of it is largely accurate.

What is @gcn11 username? I've always thought IMWT had a similar posting style...