Around The League Off Season Discussion

Just now, M.O.A.B. said:

no. he is a fusion of greg battle and tyrone jones. bombers must sign him. ?

well in that case... :lol:

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Any interest from the Bombers or are we content with last year's LB group - Burnett + mini camp invites? 

Wouldnt be a bad pick up, though i think a lot of expected of will smith. 

8 hours ago, bearpants said:

I guess they have Muamba penciled in at MLB so no use in having a bunch of American back-ups...

I guess they think Muamba will never get injured. That's bad roster management Imo.  The Bombers at least will have an American running back kicking around in case Harris is injured.

Just now, BigBlue said:

1st they lose their OC then their asst gm .... no compensation .... heavy price for that grey cup

Aw shucks, don't you feel so bad for them? Now they know what other teams felt like when they poached coaches & management off other teams. Besides, how can you feel badly for Marcel Desjardins after he so gleefully drafted players off other team in the Expansion Draft then mocked the Bombers for having no players good enough to play for them. Love to see the RedBlacks go something like 5-13 this season. The Riders & RedBlacks are 2 teams I hate & despise. In that order.

5 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

ACTUALLY MY RESPECT FOR DESJARDINS HAS GONE UP ENORMOUSLY .... his achievement in Ottawa has been amazing and what he has done is worth studying as a pathway to SUCCESS

Desjardins had a huge head start compared to the Bombers in 2014 starting from zero. We were already handicapped with overpaid & underperforming players under the salary cap. We didn't have the financial resources the RedBlacks had at that time. They could target areas in the Draft & free agency they felt they'd need with veteran players while we couldn't. They had no encumbrances but we sure did. They were able to poach coaches from everywhere. Plus the Bombers were considered a dead franchise back then. Where coaches & players go to die whereas Ottawa had all this excitement & optimism going for them. Players wantd to go to Ottawa but they didn't want to come to the Bombers. It really was a Tale Of Two Cities. Put Marcel Desjardins in Kyle Walters position with the Bombers after Joe Mack in 2013 & maybe he wouldn't be as successful as Walters has been to this point with us. Kyle literally had nothing to work with & was constrained by the problems this franchise had at the time. Desjardins had nothing of the sort in Ottawa.