Around The League Off Season Discussion

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Based on everything the Riders did last year and this offseason, there should have been WAY more penalties, whether through fines or loss of draft picks. **** Chris Jones and all his bullshit...

Best punishment: league needs to keep Riders running business as usual.   Force them to continue to live & work in Regina. Make them "proudly" display their 4 Cup titles.  Have your social media crew continue to pump Jones as the second coming of Lomardi. 

....it's Sask.  It's the Riders. It's Jones. <<  They punish themselves just fine. 

i totally forgot the riders were fined $60K as well as the 26K deduction to their sms last year,  so in 1 year Jones has cost the club over $100K in fines.  I might not be a fancy big city lawyer,  but even in a profitable company losing $100K due to gross negligence to the rules and STILL sucking balls on the field would normally be grounds for immediate dismissal... i think the axe is being sharpened as we speak. might not swing till labour day tho

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

3 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

i totally forgot the riders were fined $60K as well as the 26K deduction to their sms last year,  so in 1 year Jones has cost the club over $100K in fines.  I might not be a fancy big city lawyer,  but even in a profitable company losing $100K due to gross negligence to the rules and STILL sucking balls on the field would normally be grounds for immediate dismissal... i think the axe is being sharpened as we speak. might not swing till labour day tho

I sure hope not. I'm enjoying the ride too much.

Reporting from the recent Rider Camp...

The top quarterback on Day 3 was @B_BENNETT03 This was borne out by the numbers, and coaches' assessments. - @rodpedersen #CFL #Riders

2 things about this statement:

1) It would bother me if the Riders benefitted from getting a QB from us. And

2) It's Rod Pedersen reporting this, and that is no benefit to anyone...

8 minutes ago, Floyd said:

One of Bennett or Bridge will be PR'd...  really hope Walters takes a serious look at either of these guys - both are five years younger than LeFevour

I'm sure you could PR LeFevour and no one would pick him up

tough to say who will be PR'd. Apparently Jones has been on record as saying Bridge doesn't do well in practices but when the lights come on he's a gamer so how well he does at these camps might not mean much. I think they'll release Heaps and PR bennett imo

4 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

tough to say who will be PR'd. Apparently Jones has been on record as saying Bridge doesn't do well in practices but when the lights come on he's a gamer so how well he does at these camps might not mean much. I think they'll release Heaps and PR bennett imo

Is Kinne still there too?

1 minute ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

nope when asked at minicamp why kinne wasn't rostered jones told the reporters he was no longer with the team. I think it was similar circumstances to Jake Waters,  recently married and other job opportunities down south

Quite the merry-go-round over there.  Can't wait until Mitch Gale becomes the 'next' big FA QB after two years with the Stamps...

looks like they are getting all secretive over on RF. A poster alluded to the roster violations being in part from Jones and Steve Macaulay of the Regina Thunder being buddy buddy and they've been flying in junior players from all over the country to try and get them in the exempt classification.  Guess some of these kids were already exempt for someone else prior

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Running tally is $110,000 in fines since Jones took over but as they say, to have the best, you must pay the most.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

One of Bennett or Bridge will be PR'd...  really hope Walters takes a serious look at either of these guys - both are five years younger than LeFevour

I'm sure you could PR LeFevour and no one would pick him up

Why?   LeFevour at this point would be way better coming in off the bench to help us win a game then Bridge/Bennett.    You would think after years of throwing guys who are not ready onto the field with crap results that the fans would want someone who at least has a slight clue on how to move the ball in the CFL.

7 hours ago, Noeller said:

http://www.cfl.ca/2017/04/28/riders-lions-issued-fines-violating-cfl-laws/

Based on additional audit and CFL By-Laws governance activities conducted by the League, the following fines have been levied:

• The Saskatchewan Roughriders Football Club have been fined $31,500 for two CFL By-Laws violations which included players attending practice while on the CFL suspension list and violations related to the recruitment of a junior player.
  • The CFL has also fined Chris Jones $5,000 for meeting with Johnny Manziel’s publicist, which constitutes tampering and is in violation of CFL By-Laws. Based on evidence to date, there is nothing that concludes that Saskatchewan held any workouts involving Mr. Manziel.
  • The BC Lions Football Club have been fined $2,500 for violating the CFL By-Laws as it relates to matters concerning the contract of Adam Bighill.

League announces "NO ONE WENT OVER THE CAP"........................................................!!!!!!!!!!!  How in the actual **** could the Riders have not gone over based on their bullshit from last year??? Thankfully they did get fined over the Manziel thing...

Pretty much a joke, right Noeller? Sask & MTl were supposed to be way over. In Montreal's case a half mill according to Herb Zurkowsky of the Montreal Gazette. The Riders had a taxi squad for their taxi squad. Just total BS. This audit is done in house, I believe. It should be done by an outside source in the interests of transparency & truth.

Edited by SpeedFlex27