Around The League Off Season Discussion

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

If I cost my company $116,500 I'd be fired & sued. Yet, that ain't happening. Things won't change. A leopard can't change his spots. Expect more of the same from Jones & lip service from Reynolds.

I suspect Reynolds future with the riders is tied to the fate of Jones, so while I understand the attempt to try and save face with the disappointed comments, reality is he will continue to give Jones a long leash until the BOD cracks down with another losing season. He might be absolved of what he inherited in the gong show that was 2015, but giving jones full power and the keys to the franchise is all on him. 

I've read a few comments over the last while of people comparing the rebuild to the bombers results under O'Shea (first 2 season were losers, but turned it around in year 3) as reason to be patient and stay the course because the results will come one day, but the biggest difference I see is Walters is a better GM at this point between the 2.  With the way Jones is so brash, arrogant and defiant of the rules, I honestly don't think he will be able to turn around the mess he made, and yes even tho Taman may have inflated some contracts, a lot of what has happened to that roster to the point its at now is self inflicted by Jones.

It's just amazing that so many rider fans have their lips puckered to and heads firmly up Jones' ass. He has done sweet F'all so far while employed by the riders.  Scrap heapin 99% of their roster and racking up tons of fines all the while tarnishing their brand and image. I get people will always cheer for the logo, not the name on the door, but the support he gets is ridiculous and based on things he's done for other organizations. 

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

On 29/04/2017 at 2:44 PM, Mike said:

lol some goober on RF was whining because we have 87 players under contract and according to what the available copy of the CBA says, the maximum we're allowed is 85.

So I pointed out that the Riders currently have 89.

Now I'm "creating fake news" and "deflecting the spotlight"

:lol:

This is what Ed Tait wrote in his article recapping day 3 of mini-camp:

The Bombers’ scouts, coaching staff and GM Kyle Walters will now spend the next few days taking a last peek at the prospects before having to slice 12 players from their roster down to 75 by Monday.

http://www.bluebombers.com/2017/04/28/mini-camp-day-3-recap/

Edited by Jacquie

On 2017-04-29 at 2:44 PM, Mike said:

lol some goober on RF was whining because we have 87 players under contract and according to what the available copy of the CBA says, the maximum we're allowed is 85.

So I pointed out that the Riders currently have 89.

Now I'm "creating fake news" and "deflecting the spotlight"

:lol:

that may be the funniest thing ive read in awhile... "cheaters! You have 87 players!!"  "uh.. but you have 89.."  "rabble rabble rabble!!!"

15 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Did Jones not watch Vick play in 2015? He was awful. He made one of the best, most consistent receivers in the entire NFL, Antonio Brown look bad.

But Jones muttered; "What does that have to do with it? I'll be the center of attention for at least three weeks."

We had some lousy GM's but at least we were not paying them his kind of coins.

It's more like Burns detailing his idea for idea for the nuclear plant softball team: 

Cap Anson, Honus Wagner, Mordecai "Three Finger" Brown!! 

Uhhh sir, these players have long since retired, and uh... Well, your right fielder's been dead for 130 years... 

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

It's more like Burns detailing his idea for idea for the nuclear plant softball team: 

Cap Anson, Honus Wagner, Mordecai "Three Finger" Brown!! 

Uhhh sir, these players have long since retired, and uh... Well, your right fielder's been dead for 130 years... 

Jones reaction after missing out on Vick.

fark_KePmBLlAlUA02lLYV3nc6nuZ5ew.jpg?t=g

Some Dates:

May 1st – CFL rosters reduced to 75

May 13th – U SPORTS East/West Bowl

The U SPORTS East/West Bowl will be held in Quebec City, Quebec.

May 7th – 2017 CFL Draft

May 24th – Rookie Camps Open

May 28th – Training Camps Open

June 6th – Preseason opens

June 22nd – 2017 Regular season kicksoff

What they said:

Kenny Stafford wr, said he was also pleased with the talent both at receiver and with the crew of defensive backs that covered him during one-on-one and team drills. He gave particular props to a pair of DBs, including a Roc Carmichael, a 28-year-old Virginia Tech product, and Darnell Walker Jr., 22, who played his college football at Pittsburgh State. As far as receivers go, Stafford spoke highly of Cincinnati’s Alex Chisum, 24, who spent some time with the Detroit Lions before signing with the Bombers.

Richie Hall said Thursday the primary goal for the Bombers defence this season is to shut down the charity.

Some new names I expect to be in #Bombers camp: WRs Alex Chisum and Ryan Lankford, DBs Terrance Parks, Roc Carmichael, and Darnell Walker Jr - Darrin Bauming

?‍?Big Whoops, on Chisum

Argos announce:  retirement of CDN OL @JeffPerrett.

#CFL - Alex Bazzie released by the Colts. #CFL #BCLions

Canadian, #Laurier DL Kwaku Boateng accepts #Bears mini-camp invite 3downnation.com/2017/05/01/can… #Chicago #NFL #CFL #USports

Darrin Bauming:   -   "For me, the best day of the year is draft day," Walters said.

“It doesn’t change our draft board a whole lot, it just confirms what we thought.” - Walters - Draft landscape solidifying. ? | ow.ly/m4jB30bl5ak

“When you go through this process, you go through every possible scenario,” said Walters. “We’ve had discussions about all these guys and whether we are prepared to wait two, three, four years to see them or risk not seeing them at all.”

?‍?More from Walters:

"I have a feeling this year when a team calls a name, certain clubs will look at their board and go, 'Wow, I didn't see that coming,"' he said. "Not that it's right or wrong ... they (prospects) are so even and there's no real separation.

"You're going to be able to poll all nine teams and their top-20 is going to look vastly different this year, I predict."

"For me, the best day of the year is draft day," Walters said.

***The Bombers believe most, if not all, of the mini-camp invitees will find their way to CFL training camps in late May.

•    LB Christophe Mulumba, Maine; Tampa Bay Buccaneers •    CFL Scouting Bureau Ranking: 6

•    DE Kwaku Boateng, Wilfrid Laurier; Chicago Bears •    CFL Scouting Bureau Ranking: 12

•    LB Jordan Herdman, Simon Fraser; Kansas City Chiefs •    CFL Scouting Bureau Ranking: NR

•    REC Alex Morrison, UBC; New York Giants •    CFL Scouting Bureau Ranking: NR

•    K Felix Menard-Briere, Montreal; New York Giants

Saskie native DB Kahlen Branning heading to mini-camp with #Detroit #Lions 3downnation.com/2017/05/01/sas… #NFL #CFL #Bombers...

Winnipeg added Branning to their negotiation list shortly after that NFL regional, meaning the Bombers control his CFL rights.

?‍?And this week's bit of Jones/Riders buffoonery involves their sniffing around QB -Michael Vick. I swear, I have a tough time keeping up with all these tidbits of unvaluable (sic) information that's pumped out every week since Jones has been hired. This is the best that those multitude of rabid scouts can come up with? Or is it just standard fare to keep the Rider forum buzzing? 

CFL

As the May deadline looms, #CFL Teams are starting make some cuts to their rosters.

Full List - http://www.cfl.ca/2017/05/01/roster-roundup-teams-make-cuts-may-deadline-hits/

Edit

https://3downnation.com/2017/05/01/saskie-native-kahlen-branning-heading-to-mini-camp-with-detroit/

Edited by Mr Dee

13 hours ago, IC Khari said:

Very sad news about ex Bomber Geroy Simon ... http://www.bclions.com/2017/04/30/bc-lions-mourn-loss-tracy-lasorsa-simon/

edit*sorry missed the posts above about this 

Looks like she was the victim of a car crash which claimed the life of two other small children.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/b-c-mayor-heartbroken-after-crash-kills-woman-2-kids-1.3390875

9 minutes ago, Dirty30 said:

Eric Rogers is intriguing . Did he do PR, KR or both for Calgary?

Eric Rogers didn't do either. He was the Best rec. in the league when here. I'd do whatever it took to get him. including cutting dressler or denmark. or both for that matter. Assuming his injury hasn't ruined him.

Apparently he has another leg injury...so nevermind.

Edited by Bigblue204

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Ex-CFLers Eric Rogers & Marcus Ball released by 49ers

The niners were very high on Rogers last year... then the leg (or was it knee?) injury.... then a 2-14 season... then a regime change... and now Rogers is looking for work...

that's how quickly you can go from hero to zero in this business...