Around The League Off Season Discussion

5 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

The whole premise that Kevin Glenn is there only as a stop-gap while the "Young-uns" pick up the game is ludicrous, unless they accept a 4-5 win season (which they won't) Glenn is their best chance to win.

Doesn't that bring back memories of 2009? Bramlet, Santos and Bishop with a good Oline too. Would be real nice if Durant gave Jones nightmare after the game.

Just now, Ripper said:

We'll win 8 I think

If all the stars line up, maybe. I suspect, as others here have that the Riders are probably looking at a 6 & 12 season if Glenn stays healthy. All that stupidity swirling around the team has to have an impact on the players. Maybe the novelty of a new stadium will offset some of that, but I think Jones is going to have to walk on water to get anywhere near .500 and avoid the guillotine.

8 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

The Bombers really need to kick the Riders ass sideways in their first game in the new park to set the tone for the season and send their fans off on the crazy train.  Nothing else matters.

I like this. I really do.

And for me, the perfect start to the season would be, with Durant at QB, for Montreal to absolutely annihilate the Riders on June 22 in Montreal.

Ce serait tellement génial.

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

I like this. I really do.

And for me, the perfect start to the season would be, with Durant at QB, for Montreal to absolutely annihilate the Riders on June 22 in Montreal.

Ce serait tellement génial.

My exact thoughts... (aside from the Latin, which I have no ******* clue...) I'd never cheer for Montreal but I hope they light up Sask for 500 yds and 50pts.

On 2017-5-24 at 7:16 PM, Mr Dee said:

And I know the Riders are getting a disproportionate amount of games (5) that will be shown...but...they are a disproportionate fan base and they need to be coddled. Kind of like twiddlee dee twiddlee dum, but rather coddlee dee coddlee dumb...

Is it really coddling their fan base when 3 of the 5 games are loses (one blow-out and two heartbreakers)? It could be seen as rubbing it in to some. 

18 hours ago, Gotmilt said:

it's for the kids bud.

Snake is more for grown up drunk kids though.

Beer snake when we first started doing it = awesome.

Beer snake after it was outlawed and brought back, team-approved and advertised = not great

It was way more fun watching security try to stop attempts at making a beer snake. Chasing people around to stop it, just for someone else to go and pickup the stack of cups and get it going again.

13 minutes ago, WildPath said:

Beer snake when we first started doing it = awesome.

Beer snake after it was outlawed and brought back, team-approved and advertised = not great

It was way more fun watching security try to stop attempts at making a beer snake. Chasing people around to stop it, just for someone else to go and pickup the stack of cups and get it going again.

agreed, it was the novelty. However it is now probably just a part of sitting in the infamous "section S". 

This is for tburgess's eyes only. The rest of you are not allowed to read. So don't.

It involves the number of POTENTIAL interceptions that have been dropped. Interceptions that the writer claims should have been caught. These potential interceptions could have changed the course of the CFL season and thusly, the fate of the world. This chart shows Matt Nichols being close to the top (or bottom) of this category. Hence, it plays right into the hands of the "yeah but if this would have happened crowd". I mention this only because TB is the president of this club.

Never mind that there are plenty of other factors involved in the dropping of 'sure' interceptions. Just read the damned chart and believe..

219a2c2.png

Courtesy of  Derek Taylor

Raise your hands of all those who didn't listen to my 1st line...

23 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

This is for tburgess's eyes only. The rest of you are not allowed to read. So don't.

It involves the number of POTENTIAL interceptions that have been dropped. Interceptions that the writer claims should have been caught. These potential interceptions could have changed the course of the CFL season and thusly, the fate of the world. This chart shows Matt Nichols being close to the top (or bottom) of this category. Hence, it plays right into the hands of the "yeah but if this would have happened crowd". I mention this only because TB is the president of this club.

Never mind that there are plenty of other factors involved in the dropping of 'sure' interceptions. Just read the damned chart and believe..

219a2c2.png

Courtesy of  Derek Taylor

Raise your hands of all those who didn't listen to my 1st line...

As I expected almost half of Nichols INT's weren't picked off, making him the 3rd 'luckiest' QB in the league. 
Full article here: https://medium.com/@DTonSC/lucky-qbs-c7ee760d612

It makes it look like Nichols had a pile more balls that could be pick off than Riley but it's only one more pass could be pick off that was. So if Nichols was the most unlucky quarter back in the league he would of thrown 12 int.

30 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

It makes it look like Nichols had a pile more balls that could be pick off than Riley but it's only one more pass could be pick off that was. So if Nichols was the most unlucky quarter back in the league he would of thrown 12 int.

This Taylor infograph is from 2-3 months ago, around whenever Cato was released.  I recall taking these numbers and using them to come up with stats that I thought were of greater relevance, but there could have been peyote involved.  Either set of numbers came up with the same rock-solid conclusion - Cato sucks.

Maybe I'll do some searching for that data later.