Around The League Off Season Discussion

1 minute ago, DR. CFL said:

Suspending guys and guys retiring prior to Camp is an old trick. You do it because you have too many players and you want to hide guys. These guys will be activated after they eliminate some other players. Sask doesn't want to get busted for roster violations.....this early at least. Under the microscope.

They are testifying at Mylan Hicks murder trail.

2 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

Suspending guys and guys retiring prior to Camp is an old trick. You do it because you have too many players and you want to hide guys. These guys will be activated after they eliminate some other players. Sask doesn't want to get busted for roster violations.....this early at least. Under the microscope.

The guys who retired arent hiding they are legit done. Isnt there a minimum time period from retiring to when you can return as well?

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Im totally sure they will cut a couple guys 2-3 days into camp and send them home when these guys come back. Its not like jones to break rules amirite.

Dennis isn't in much trouble of making the team. They can let him sit a week while they look at some RB's or something. All the teams do this

Just now, Ripper said:

Dennis isn't in much trouble of making the team. They can let him sit a week while they look at some RB's or something. All the teams do this

Im not talking about dennis getting cut, if he comes back then some one has to go right. No, all teams really dont. 

15 hours ago, wbbfan said:

this is just how a CLASSY organization operates. we are just not used to such high quality management... :lol:

Typical arrogant bomber fan. Doesn't even know the full story and making assumptions. Not surprised. 

Just now, Mr Dee said:

I'd probably be best to leave the straightening out of posters on this Bomber site to actual fans on this board, don't you think?

Or don't you think?

No I don't think so. Stop making assumptions it looks stupid on your part.

Last year the riders first rounder misses camp and obviously stunts his development. Fast forward one year and again the riders first rounder misses camp and is vying for a 1+1 year contract instead of 2+1.

God I love Chris Jones.

Edited by Judd

Just now, Judd said:

Last year the riders first rounder misses camp and clearly stunts his development. Fast forward one year and again the riders first rounder misses camp and is vying for a 1+1 year contract instead of 2+1.

God I love Chris Jones.

If you actually looked on Twitter. Judge is finishing finals and will be at training camp. Also a contract has been agreed upon. But hey no worries. Seems the only reason why this site is still running is to talk about the Riders.

Mine as well call this forum the green blue and gold . Com 

5 minutes ago, Kluchk said:

If you actually looked on Twitter. Judge is finishing finals and will be at training camp. Also a contract has been agreed upon. But hey no worries. Seems the only reason why this site is still running is to talk about the Riders.

really? where is this proof? opening header from the leader post 2 days ago was

It appears that the Saskatchewan Roughriders will open training camp without their top draft pick under contract for the second consecutive year

http://leaderpost.com/sports/football/cfl/saskatchewan-roughriders/riders-signings-2

I know Bladek came to terms a few days ago, haven't heard a single thing about Judge

8 minutes ago, Kluchk said:

You are a maestro of words.

despite all the circle jerking of jones going on because Farhan said they have agreed to terms,  Pederson and Nye followed up with

While they are getting "close"  last time I checked that doesn't mean he is signed. If he's holding off coming to camp to finish his finals (last one June 16th) he will be missing pretty much most of TC

1 hour ago, Kluchk said:

Each time you post I get happier someone's getting $50 from you come season's end. 

20 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Usually being suspended is for doing something bad.

Usually. But thats not the case here. Suspend to bring in an extra body or two. When they get back release players on the fringe....its skirting the rule book a bit but i wouldnt mind if walters did it given the same circumstances. 

44 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

despite all the circle jerking of jones going on because Farhan said they have agreed to terms,  Pederson and Nye followed up with

While they are getting "close"  last time I checked that doesn't mean he is signed. If he's holding off coming to camp to finish his finals (last one June 16th) he will be missing pretty much most of TC

Richard karikari "close" lol. I like his talent a lot i hope for him it doesnt turn into a st.john situation.

54 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Riders haven't lost yet so their fans feel emboldened to venture out of their own little bubble. Won't have to wait long for them to scurry back into their holes.

nah its gonna be the league/commish fault for the first few weeks. Reality will set in well after a month+ of regular season action. Glenn plus those wr's will buy them some false hope too. Till he goes down...

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

the great cornholio!

http://hussoneagles.com/sports/fball/2016-17/bios/orio_rick_9djp?view=career&pos=d

Originally he was going to take a track scholarship, state champion in hurdles and 4x100 relay.  Hes a good athlete who likes to hit and seems to be a savoy leader type. Moved around between both safety spots DB, and played in the box. Dont think this is a guy you give a first rounder for, but he does seem like our kind of guy. 

Perhaps we could bid a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him ..... don't have to offer our first

10 hours ago, wbbfan said:

the great cornholio!

http://hussoneagles.com/sports/fball/2016-17/bios/orio_rick_9djp?view=career&pos=d

Originally he was going to take a track scholarship, state champion in hurdles and 4x100 relay.  Hes a good athlete who likes to hit and seems to be a savoy leader type. Moved around between both safety spots DB, and played in the box. Dont think this is a guy you give a first rounder for, but he does seem like our kind of guy. 

looks like the love child of Glen Suitor and Rod Black...