Around The League Off Season Discussion

Maybe they aren't holding rookie camp because they can't sign any of their rookies???

Seriously though, they have been holding camp in Saskatoon for five years, rookie camp is not something new. Something else fishy is going on, but the league likely won't say why.

Of course, the team could make any excuse up and the priders will just gobble it up.

24 minutes ago, Dr. Blue said:

Maybe they aren't holding rookie camp because they can't sign any of their rookies???

Seriously though, they have been holding camp in Saskatoon for five years, rookie camp is not something new. Something else fishy is going on, but the league likely won't say why.

Of course, the team could make any excuse up and the priders will just gobble it up.

so far they haven't said anything, but i've heard it was because they were holding camps that weren't the official mini camp in dodgertown, so it was basically a forfeit of their may 24-27 rookie camp as they kind of already had it.  Really only people who suffer from this are the draft picks  i guess and the fans wanting a football fix asap

3 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

so far they haven't said anything, but i've heard it was because they were holding camps that weren't the official mini camp in dodgertown, so it was basically a forfeit of their may 24-27 rookie camp as they kind of already had it.  Really only people who suffer from this are the draft picks  i guess and the fans wanting a football fix asap

This was posted yesterday about the Riders... No rookie camp as punishment. 

There is a great pool of Nat talent that Jones/Murphy can take advantage of, and that is roster cuts from teams that actually have exceptional roster depth in Nats. 

I would not be surprised to see a large amount of SSK Nat depth ending up as draftees from other teams...

36 minutes ago, TheAardvark said:

There is a great pool of Nat talent that Jones/Murphy can take advantage of, and that is roster cuts from teams that actually have exceptional roster depth in Nats. 

I would not be surprised to see a large amount of SSK Nat depth ending up as draftees from other teams...

I would be. Because teams won't cut national talent they like. They will cut national talent who suck and aren't worth their time.  A guy like Brendan Morgan comes to mind 

9 minutes ago, yogi said:

I've been browsing riderfans, and apparently the reason they aren't holding  a rookie camp is because Kyle Walters is a shitty GM and Chris Jones is great.

No, you're confused. That's why they haven't signed their draft picks. They aren't holding a rookie camp because Carm Carteri did a heel turn and retired after taking bonus money because they're trying to reset the market for signing first year players without Justin Dunk doing garbage reporting on it.

I think.

So as I understand it....

Walters drafts the most pro ready player, in a area of need, with the first pick ....and immediately signs him for 3 years, for 8-10G more than the same pick last year , avoiding any delay in said player's development and ability to contribute to this team, sooner than later.  

What a fool.  

btw, it has been pretty hard to find any scenario over at RF, that does not portray Jones as great.  No matter what he actually does or does not do.  Beginning to think that the kool-aid over there is actually stronger than gin.  

I am willing to stick with Walters and the gin.

56 minutes ago, yogi said:

I've been browsing riderfans, and apparently the reason they aren't holding  a rookie camp is because Kyle Walters is a shitty GM and Chris Jones is great.

They think signing young players "who haven't proven anything" is bad business. Should probably inform every league in the world about that. I'm surprised players still want to play there.

I don't actually care enough about Riderfans right now to go check it out... but I was under the impression that there were at least a few people questioning some of the - shall we say - questionable decisions... unless they have now been banned...

2 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

They think signing young players "who haven't proven anything" is bad business. Should probably inform every league in the world about that. I'm surprised players still want to play there.

Well, it seems like the only ones who do are washed up vets or trouble makers - and Jones is paying them handsomely. No draft picks have yet to sign but that's apparently not an issue... LOL

The homer bias on that forum is bordering on the insane. That green Kool-Aid is heavily laced in Jonestown.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

No, you're confused. That's why they haven't signed their draft picks. They aren't holding a rookie camp because Carm Carteri did a heel turn and retired after taking bonus money because they're trying to reset the market for signing first year players without Justin Dunk doing garbage reporting on it.

I think.

Are you sure you're not just playing silly bugger ya bastage?

Britzy'd