Around The League Off Season Discussion

Dyakowski had some terrible games last year playing for the Ticats, getting owned repeatedly by DT's, I guess that's probably why they cut him in the off-season.  Wasn't he the same guy that punked the Riders with a fake phone call claiming the Ticats had the best fans in the league?

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

Damn, suspending their big FA OL on the eve of camp?  What kinda bad moon is on the rise out there?

Dennis' twitter reveals nothing, he's just trying to borrow a TV for camp.

Wonder if they're putting veteran players on the suspended list in order to get more bodies into camp?

Edited by johnzo

29 minutes ago, johnzo said:

http://3downnation.com/2016/05/21/16278/

Please please someone ask Dyakowski how he'll stay pumped up without the best fans in Canada cheering him on....

But seriously how do you turn a dime-a-dozen import receiver into a starting national OL? Is Toronto dumping a bad contract? Is Dyakowski's odometer just about used up?  Some alchemy there...

Dyakowski is done.  He's never been close to the player he was since he snapped his knee in the 2013 Grey Cup.  I guess they are hoping to get 18 games of guard play at one spot from Labatte and Dyakowski given their diminishing returns in terms of ability and health.

4 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Dyakowski is done.  He's never been close to the player he was since he snapped his knee in the 2013 Grey Cup.  I guess they are hoping to get 18 games of guard play at one spot from Labatte and Dyakowski given their diminishing returns in terms of ability and health.

patrick neufeld > dyakowski at this point. and i dont think much of neufeld. but hes still young enough to play his best football.

42 minutes ago, Jacquie said:

I'm a little surprised no one has commented on the Als releasing Donnie O or did no one actually read the attachment to Dunk's tweet.

wasnt it mentioned a bit back? wish donny O well. dont see a fit for him here. If we didnt have butcher and jake itd get a lot of talk.

11 hours ago, wbbfan said:

this is just how a CLASSY organization operates. we are just not used to such high quality management... :lol:

By putting them on suspended list they can look at a couple more players at camp while they are gone. But hey, don't let me interrupt you from trying to make the Riders look bad.  

Edited by Ripper

4 minutes ago, Ripper said:

By putting them on suspended list they can look at a couple more players at camp while they are gone. But hey, don't let me interrupt you from trying to make the Riders look bad.  

Im totally sure they will cut a couple guys 2-3 days into camp and send them home when these guys come back. Its not like jones to break rules amirite.

Gerry Moddejonge

Negotiations between #Esks and fifth overall draft pick WR Nate Behar are at a standstill. #CFL

Inside source said Behar's agent Hardaway has asked for either $40k to sign or in guaranteed $ and an overall salary = to a top 2 pick. #CFL 

?‍?I suppose if you want to hold out and have difficult negotiations - Hardaway is your guy..

Stamps

National defensive lineman Junior Turner and national offensive lineman Quinn Smith have been placed on the injured list #CFLTC

Justin Dunk

The Canadian Football League will hold a supplemental draft on Monday, May 29, per sources, with one prospect available: Husson University defensive back, Rick Orio.

?‍?I'm thinking - with our track record - we should let this one go by...

51 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Gerry Moddejonge

Negotiations between #Esks and fifth overall draft pick WR Nate Behar are at a standstill. #CFL

Inside source said Behar's agent Hardaway has asked for either $40k to sign or in guaranteed $ and an overall salary = to a top 2 pick. #CFL 

?‍?I suppose if you want to hold out and have difficult negotiations - Hardaway is your guy..

Stamps

National defensive lineman Junior Turner and national offensive lineman Quinn Smith have been placed on the injured list #CFLTC

Justin Dunk

The Canadian Football League will hold a supplemental draft on Monday, May 29, per sources, with one prospect available: Husson University defensive back, Rick Orio.

?‍?I'm thinking - with our track record - we should let this one go by...

If we can call him Cornholio, I'd offer a first rounder.  Otherwise, pass.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

If we can call him Cornholio, I'd offer a first rounder.  Otherwise, pass.

the great cornholio!

http://hussoneagles.com/sports/fball/2016-17/bios/orio_rick_9djp?view=career&pos=d

Originally he was going to take a track scholarship, state champion in hurdles and 4x100 relay.  Hes a good athlete who likes to hit and seems to be a savoy leader type. Moved around between both safety spots DB, and played in the box. Dont think this is a guy you give a first rounder for, but he does seem like our kind of guy. 

Suspending guys and guys retiring prior to Camp is an old trick. You do it because you have too many players and you want to hide guys. These guys will be activated after they eliminate some other players. Sask doesn't want to get busted for roster violations.....this early at least. Under the microscope.