Around The League Off Season Discussion

58 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Some explanation as to why Macciocia told the Als to go f*** themselves:

The Alouettes offered the position of president to Danny Maciocia but they would not have let him pick the new GM. @CFL

That is so ****** up. No one in their right mind is going to a take a job where you don't actually get to do your job.

16 hours ago, Noeller said:

now THAT part was intentional....

I highly doubt you remember this, but it was actually YOU who introduced me to ourbombers from the ebrandon forum.. I was only 14  or 15 years old then...

...24 now ...still kicking the can on the bomber die hard sites. I remember you specifically warning me that if you didn't know what you were talking about, you would get eaten alive on our bombers. Man, did I ever ..

and then I become a moderator :) somehow 

Edited by CodyT

11 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

God, they could grab Thorpe for nothing and now they don't want him?

I think Thorpe may still be under contract in Montreal for one more year. Last year when he tried to bolt to Edmonton, it was said that he had two more years left on his contract with Montreal. That would mean 2016 & 2017, unless the new coach decides they want a different DC and release him.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/cfl/noel-thorpe-alouettes-popp-1.3375729

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

So @MTLAlouettes have announced a major announcement for tomorrow. Kavis Reed to be named GM and Jacques Chapdelaine HC? #cfl

I would bet on it. Its the Glieberguys all over again reducing a once proud franchise to a running joke. Dennis Rodman will probably be announced as head of scouting.

This made me chuckle....also f*** soccer......

TFC star Giovinco blames #Argos & #CFL for changing condition of field for his poor play at home http://www.tsn.ca/video/giovinco-blames-bmo-s-other-tenant-for-poor-play~1014017  via @TSN_Sports

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

This made me chuckle....also f*** soccer......

TFC star Giovinco blames #Argos & #CFL for changing condition of field for his poor play at home http://www.tsn.ca/video/giovinco-blames-bmo-s-other-tenant-for-poor-play~1014017  via @TSN_Sports

I know he is short but I thought he would be able to climb out of one of the divots if he fell in.  

On 12/9/2016 at 3:32 PM, bearpants said:

This doesn't seem like a legit "release"... I would guess either he's not actually released and if he gets a contract offer then he gets "officially" released... or if he does not get a contract by the agreed date they already have a hand-shake agreement that he'll sign back on for 2 years...

On 12/9/2016 at 4:30 PM, TBURGESS said:

It's apparently in his contract that he can try out for NFL teams between now and Jan 27. If he makes it, he's released. If not, his contract continues with BC. http://theprovince.com/sports/football/cfl/bc-lions/adam-bighill-chasing-nfl-work-but-has-to-sign-by-jan-27-or-returns-to-b-c-lions

ahh yes, that makes sense... that essentially what I was suggesting in the bolded part above...

On 12/12/2016 at 1:33 AM, SpeedFlex27 said:

Maccioccia has a tenured position at U of Montreal. Too give that up to be the Montreal Als President is very risky. He's smart to stay where he is. 

think about that in reverse with walters offer from his alma mater what was that a year and a half ago?

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

So @MTLAlouettes have announced a major announcement for tomorrow. Kavis Reed to be named GM and Jacques Chapdelaine HC? #cfl

Man that sounds like a recipe for cellar dwelling als. 

2 hours ago, tracker said:

I would bet on it. Its the Glieberguys all over again reducing a once proud franchise to a running joke. Dennis Rodman will probably be announced as head of scouting.

that name makes me cringe soo hard. Hate the gliebermens soo much