Next .... What changes will bring a Championship?

BigBlue

22 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

If Scott Milanovich gets fired in Toronto and they offer O'Shea the job, but he chooses to stay in Winnipeg because he wants to be here and because Kyle Walters wants him here, would J5V's head explode?

Is it okay if I say "I hope so"...?

5 hours ago, bearpants said:

This is just wrong... first of all, our LBers are pretty much the perfect size for each position they play: Wild 6'0 210, Bass 6'1 225, Leggett 6'0 200... but more importantly, size is irrelevant (obviously to an extent, you can't be 5'7 175 and play MLB)... Bass and Wild weren't missing tackles b/c they're too small, they were missing tackles b/c they were positionally unsound and had sloppy execution...

He's not the best in the league... but to answer your question.... yes, I have absolute faith he can lead us to a Grey Cup...

I'd rate Nichols with Tom Burgess or even Sean Salisbury. I think he's better than the other 2 though. Nichols excels as a game manager. He prevents turnovers & picks other than the last regular season game where he threw 3 but that was just him having a bad game. All qbs have games like that. If we develop a dominant defense to help him we can win. That's the key to this team. It's our defense. It has to be better. It's dragging the team down. Changes have to be made. Perhaps starting at DC. We'll see.  I just hope Mike O'Shea sees that.

16 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'd rate Nichols with Tom Burgess or even Sean Salisbury. I think he's better than the other 2 though. Nichols excels as a game manager. He prevents turnovers & picks other than the last regular season game where he threw 3 but that was just him having a bad game. All qbs have games like that. If we develop a dominant defense to help him we can win. That's the key to this team. It's our defense. It has to be better. It's dragging the team down. Changes have to be made. Perhaps starting at DC. We'll see.  I just hope Mike O'Shea sees that.

Can't even compare him with Salisbury...he was not very good at all.

On 11/19/2016 at 11:48 AM, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

I'm guessing next year there will need to be a watershed moment for Addison Richards in order to keep him around.

If Garrett Waggoner is able to step up his game, Hurl may become dispensable.

I'm also interested in James Tuck's progress.

If its not its gonna be a take him out behind the shed / old yeller TC for him. 

Would have liked to see waggoner get more snaps at LBer. He was really really good on teams this year. 

It should be a very interesting camp for young nucks next year. 

At this rate it seems like if we want the grey cup in town, well have to rent it from calgary >.>

On ‎18‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:24 AM, Mr Dee said:

Matt Nichols would not be my 1st choice, but yes, we could win a championship with him. Did anyone believe Marcus Crandall would defeat a 14-4 football club?

I hope the management of the team I cheer for doesn't take the "any given Sunday" approach to finding talent. Yes Crandall won, he was the MVP of the game ffs but his career says otherwise. I want my GM finding the qb that is on the other end of the spectrum. My 2 cents on the Bombers. Need a better pass rush, Shologan has to go. old and slow. Hall's defence is DOA without a lot of pressure. Nichols is a career backup, maybe a bit better but not much. You guys need a QB in the worst way. I'd be grabbing Durant in a second when he comes available. A tandem of Nichols and Durant could be the ticket. As far as the deep threat, you may have it in McDuffie, you just need to play him

7 hours ago, Ripper said:

I hope the management of the team I cheer for doesn't take the "any given Sunday" approach to finding talent. Yes Crandall won, he was the MVP of the game ffs but his career says otherwise. I want my GM finding the qb that is on the other end of the spectrum. My 2 cents on the Bombers. Need a better pass rush, Shologan has to go. old and slow. Hall's defence is DOA without a lot of pressure. Nichols is a career backup, maybe a bit better but not much. You guys need a QB in the worst way. I'd be grabbing Durant in a second when he comes available. A tandem of Nichols and Durant could be the ticket. As far as the deep threat, you may have it in McDuffie, you just need to play him

How about we grab Franklin, re-sign Nichols and Riders keep Durant?

4 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Every time Durant makes a play for Calgary, I curse Walters. Yeah, I know other teams passed but you took Richards over him?

At the moment it looks like Durant was a better draft choice, but he hasn't exactly lit up the league, either. I think its too soon to write Richards off after all, he got a haircut. But he has to either cook or get off the stove, and soon.

11 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Richards says this offseason is going to be the first one in years that he was healthy for. I'm giving him next year to show something and earn a spot that's clearly up for grabs...

Yeah, three years is my threshold for giving rookies a chance before declaring them a bust (with the obvious exceptions of getting cut, dying, etc). I would have liked to see him play at least a small role in the offense this year though, so he's definitely behind where I hoped he would.