US Politics

Rich

7 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Think trump will apologize for the wire tapping lie?

No because it wasn't a lie.

It was simply a statement about surveillance concerns and his commitment to ensuring his and other people's privacy rights aren't violated.

He is doing his job as the Commander in Chief protecting the common persons basic rights.

Wow, I can think and write that way. 

12 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

No because it wasn't a lie.

It was simply a statement about surveillance concerns and his commitment to ensuring his and other people's privacy rights aren't violated.

He is doing his job as the Commander in Chief protecting the common persons basic rights.

Wow, I can think and write that way. 

Your cabinet post awaits.....

With the following laundry list of security agencies, no doubt every president since Nixon has been "monitored" 24/7/365. Trump had better get used to it.

• Central Intelligence Agency.
  • Defense Intelligence Agency.
  • Federal Bureau of Investigation.
  • National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency.
  • National Reconnaissance Office.
  • National Security Agency.
  • Office of the Director of National Intelligence.

Trump still doing campaign type arena meetings. why?

I heard him this AM frothing about a judge who ruled against one of his orders; He's doing a WWE type appearance,  fomenting a lack of respect for the judicial system. One of the pillars of democracy.

This kind of public lambasting and belittling the judiciary is frightening.

Appeal the decision if you don't like it and think it's wrong. Not supposed to discuss it at all while it's before the courts.

Don't promote hatred of the judiciary amongst the average people.

American Judges better be careful about their personal safety. Some Trump nut case might decide to carry out some frontier justice.

Horrible.

This guy is far worse than I imagined he would be. The wreckage he's already leaving....  check out the Canadian Healthcare workers that work in US hospitals turned away at the border, (CBC today).

Edited by Mark F

18 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

With the following laundry list of security agencies, no doubt every president since Nixon has been "monitored" 24/7/365. Trump had better get used to it.

• Central Intelligence Agency.
  • Defense Intelligence Agency.
  • Federal Bureau of Investigation.
  • National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency.
  • National Reconnaissance Office.
  • National Security Agency.
  • Office of the Director of National Intelligence.

Sure but Trump spoke very specifically about something when he really had nothing.  It was so random.  It would be like if I heard someone at work say they heard from someone else that there was a peeping tom in Winnipeg and then I tweet out that my Neighbor Jim Smith, three doors down, was staring in my window last night and what a sick SOB he is. 

Trump's defense is he heard people talking about wire-taps.  That's pretty shaky.  He's a nut.

15 minutes ago, Mark F said:

American Judges better be careful about their personal safety. Some Trump nut case might decide to carry out some frontier justice.

Horrible.

Yup, he's pretty awful. 

I think we need a little levity... 

j0cs1j95_7z8ljl_1l38s22.png

I think the really sad part of all of this... is that I can imagine him changing your astute warning into a veiled threat...

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

5 hours ago, Wideleft said:

The now 94 year old inventor of the Lithium-Ion battery is now working on a glass-based battery which he estimates will hold a charge for 600 miles, recharges in minutes and is not as negatively effected by cold (until -20 C).  Punch John B. Goodenough into your google news machine for more info.

hope that he invents fast! :)

51 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Yup, he's pretty awful. 

I think the really sad part of all of this... is that I can imagine him changing your astute warning into a veiled threat...

He may not have to.   There are enough deluded and (quite possibly) armed folks out there.   As in at least 22,105.

Rural Trump voters will regret their vote.

National Farmers Union President:

“Family farmers and ranchers are currently enduring the worst farm economy in well over a decade and an inadequate safety net that is hamstrung by $23 billion in budget cuts. These cuts and the message they send to rural America are deeply disappointing.

“President Trump’s budget blueprint calls for a $4.7 billion cut to USDA, which equates to a 21 percent drop for programs that serve rural and farming communities across the U.S. This huge cut to discretionary spending will put rural development, food safety, conservation and research programs on the chopping block.

“The proposal recommends eliminating the Senior Community Service Employment Program that provides job training for older unemployed Americans. This program serves older Americans across the country, but is critical at addressing the challenges faced by older people in rural America.

“The President’s blueprint also provides for a $2.6 billion cut to EPA funding. This 31 percent drop guts the agency’s ability to provide very important environmental services and pesticide approval. It even limits the administration’s ability to rewrite or remove the unnecessary regulations that the President promised to address. Regulatory relief comes from having a system that works.

“To this point, the president has put the needs of rural America and agriculture on the backburner, and, in many cases, on the chopping block."

Heard them griping about this on North Dakota radio today.

And why in hell are agricultural commodities in a down turn? oh yeah could it be cause there's a near monopoly on the buying end?

side note.   Canadian farmers may  regret their man Harper destroying the Canadian Wheat Board. Wonder what Mark H thinks. or KBF from a farming background.

Edited by Mark F

On the bright side, in taking a closer look at the proposed Trump budget....plenty of useless entities would be cut.

Arts including PBS funding

Foreign Aid

Diplomatic Service (State Department)

Science programs and research

Environmental protection

Social programs for the working poor

Agriculture - rural development and research grants

Education - federal work-study aid to college students, grants for teacher training, after-school and summer programs, and aid programs to first-generation and low-income students

Grant programs to state and local agencies, including pre-disaster mitigation grants and counterterrorism funding

Housing - eliminates the $3 billion Community Development Block Grant program, HOME Investment Partnerships Program, the Choice Neighborhoods program and the Self-help Homeownership Opportunity Program

$35 million of funding Community Development and Affordable Housing

All funding for the 49 National Historic Sites

Eliminates grants for Community Development Financial Institutions, which provide financial services in economically distressed neighborhoods

This is only a partial list -there is far more that I can put in this post - but you get the idea.    At least the US would have more military hardware, perhaps a bigly wall, and more rent-a-cops to push immigrants around.   You know, the things that really count.

Trump Banana Republic

Just want to point out that this was a fake trump tweet- it's actually something said by MarkF that I quoted and made a comment along the lines of, its odd how you can take MarkF's warning and Trump could make it sound like a vield threat.

NOT REAL TWEET!

6 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Yup, he's pretty awful. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

3 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Just want to point out that this was a fake trump tweet- it's actually something said by MarkF that I quoted and made a comment along the lines of, its odd how you can take MarkF's warning and Trump could make it sound like a vield threat.

NOT REAL TWEET!

That's not funny & pretty irresponsible. At least show it's a fake tweet.

Anyone watch the Sean Spicer Filibuster, today?   

Shape shifting, spinning. shuffling, channel changing, deflections, and deliberate obtuseness.....delivered rapid fire and non-stop, in a attempt to simply bewilder, exhaust or simply wear out the press gallery.   A real trooper.

Just don't attempt to apply any logic or rationality to any of it.   This stuff transcends any of that.

7 hours ago, do or die said:

Anyone watch the Sean Spicer Filibuster, today?   

Shape shifting, spinning. shuffling, channel changing, deflections, and deliberate obtuseness.....delivered rapid fire and non-stop, in a attempt to simply bewilder, exhaust or simply wear out the press gallery.   A real trooper.

Just don't attempt to apply any logic or rationality to any of it.   This stuff transcends any of that.

I kind of felt bad for Spicer before.  I figured he was offered a dream job and trying to make the best of it but you get the sense he's all in and believes this nonsense.  Its somewhat surprising how little respect and regard the administration has for the American people to stand there and lie.  So Trump lies about Obama tapping his phones - thats lie #1 on this train - said in the heat of the moment, let's say.  But he keeps saying it.  Then when caught, they lie again and said he only said it in quotes.  And they keep saying that.  Its a complete lie and anyone who follows this at all knows its a lie.

Trump was right about one thing - this is Nixon-level ****.  Actually its probably a lot worse.

Watching Ryan on CNN, he was at least a trooper in sitting there and trying to smile through the **** storm that he had no defense for.  But he sure walked a thin line between supporting Trump and not supporting Trump.  If any of these scandals can get traction, the Republican leadership will throw Trump under the bus as fast as they can.

One wonders, if it looks like the Dems might win in two years, will the Republicans try to jettison Trump first...?

Paul Ryan (a top legislator) says in an interview

“So Medicaid,” Ryan told Lowry, “sending it back to the states, capping its growth rate. We’ve been dreaming of this since I’ve been around — since you and I were drinking at a keg. . . . I’ve been thinking about this stuff for a long time. We’re on the cusp of doing something we’ve long believed in.”

already got people with no health care, he wants there to be more. dreams of it.

Edited by Mark F

Trump has already done a pretty good job of making key allies like UK, Germany, and Japan.....nervous and confused.   Every time Trump or this administration says anything.....they need to wait to see if they can "take it literally", or consult a seer or Cudgee board, in order to formulate any answers.   To say nothing of Israel (one or two nation solution?  or the Chinese, given the conflicting statements about Taiwan......

Ignorance and bluster is the stock in trade, here.