US Politics

Rich

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/mar/17/everyone-loves-bernie-sanders-except-democratic-party

Looks like Bernie is saying that the DNC is the Titanic.  As bad as Trump is, it appears that the DNC is even worse.  Those thinking that the US is going to swing drastically to the Dems in the 2018 primaries and in 2020 should re-think this feeling.  The Dems have to figure out first who they are and what they represent, because right now it's not the majority of US citizens.

Slow news day.  Lets talk about the failing of the Democratic party.  Nothing else to talk about in US politics.  Oh wait, Russia?  Nah.  lol

If (and I dont think it would happen) Trump is ever impeached, he would be really fun to watch.  Because he would never capitulate.  When Clinton was caught, he went on TV and admitted it.  Trump will never do that.  He will have to be carried, kicking and screaming from the Oval Office (or at least Mars-a-lago) which would make for fascinating Television.

35 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/mar/17/everyone-loves-bernie-sanders-except-democratic-party

Looks like Bernie is saying that the DNC is the Titanic.  As bad as Trump is, it appears that the DNC is even worse.  Those thinking that the US is going to swing drastically to the Dems in the 2018 primaries and in 2020 should re-think this feeling.  The Dems have to figure out first who they are and what they represent, because right now it's not the majority of US citizens.

How is this worse than Trump? Have you not been following the news? Is your hate for Democrats so all consuming that you can't even see what is going on in the current administration? The one that is making policy right now? 

Also, I recall you raging against SJW liars and Leftist falsehood spreaders and so on... but not a peep about what's going down now.... with the current administration... Sorry, I am just confused as to where is your contempt and outrage for liars, sowers of falsehoods and embracers of Alternative Facts.

Fans of Trump are having a very difficult time.  Because its just not logical to defend him and his admin so the only recourse is to look for someone else to talk about, much like Trump does actually.  Even as many Republicans are backing away from Trump, there will be some diehard Trump fans who will gladly stand at the helm of the Titanic saying there is no iceberg and even if there was, its Hilary's fault.

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

Fans of Trump are having a very difficult time.  Because its just not logical to defend him and his admin so the only recourse is to look for someone else to talk about, much like Trump does actually.  Even as many Republicans are backing away from Trump, there will be some diehard Trump fans who will gladly stand at the helm of the Titanic saying there is no iceberg and even if there was, its Hilary's fault.

Thanks for that- very succinct and astute response.

2 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Thanks for that- very succinct and astute response.

This is what has always bugged me about politics.  I've voted Liberal and Conservative over the years (and nearly NDP).  But if you asked, I'd identify as a Conservative.  Big Harper fan.  I liked George W also.

But too many people are *so* in love with their party or idealogy that no matter what that party or persons embrace or do or say, they will agree or defend them, even when its ludicrous.  Its okay to not think a leader or party is 100% right 100% of the time.  In fact, its true about all of them.

I generally find this happens more from the left side who seem far more unapologetic left than right leaning people are right, but Trump has revealed that in many right wing people too.  Im genuinely surprise that anyone supports Trump (but not surprised most wont admit it).  Like if you knew someone was a Trump supporter, you'd probably make the assumption (rightly or not) that they are a racist, bigoted gun nut that wants a whiter country to live in.  I say that to illustrate that there is a growing assumption being made, whether its true or not.

A co-worker just got back from Arizona of all places.  He told me stories of the gun nuts all over.  I said "Trump supporters?" and he said "not a single one I spoke to.  They all think he's an idiot"  And that's Arizona!

The strategy is clear. Watching Spicer try to spin this and guys like Jason Miller who worked on the campaign try to spin this. They aren't even spinning. They are lying. Out and out lying. 

Its dispicable. It's beyond sad political theatre. They are criminals. 

Indictments coming? Might explain Spicer lying about Manafort's place in the campaign.  

Edited by The Unknown Poster

More on my earlier post about Sanders and the DNC:

In a New York Times Magazine article about the future of the Democratic Party, Sen. Bernie Sanders was asked what he thinks the party stands for. “You’re asking a good question, and I can’t give you a definitive answer. Certainly there are some people in the Democratic Party who want to maintain the status quo. They would rather go down with the Titanic so long as they have first-class seats,” Sanders said.

Sanders is right that the Democratic Party is a sinking ship. It seems that the Democratic leadership would prefer to destroy the party in its entirety rather than concede political power to progressives in order to start recouping their losses. Since Hillary Clinton lost the presidency, every push for reform has been ignored by the Democratic establishment. Wall Street puppet Sen. Chuck Schumer was elected as Senate minority leader over more popular progressive options. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, who has presided over the Democrats losing over 60 seats in the house, was re-elected easily. The establishment selected their own DNC chair candidate, former Secretary of Labor Tom Perez, who sabotaged Sanders’ candidacy. The DCCC and DSCC leadership has been virtually unchanged. The DNC has doubled down on the establishment’s failed politics by hiring staffers from Clinton’s poorly run presidential campaign, and it has granted Clinton campaign Chairman John Podesta’s Center for American Progress and Clinton propaganda hit man David Brock even more influence over the Democratic Party.

The focus of the Democratic Party’s resistance to President Donald Trump and the Republican Party has primarily revolved around Russian election interference allegations and sensationalizing any links between Trump officials and Russian diplomats. The narrative has served as a useful marketing and fundraising tool to rally its loyal supporter base without taking meaningful actions on policy.

Trump is a pretty bad dude, but the DNC is imploding rapidly.  The US really has no where to turn at the moment.

http://observer.com/2017/03/bernie-sanders-democratic-party-sinking-ship/

President Donald Trump may tweet too much, but his approval ratings are higher than those of the media and the opposition Democrats, a new poll has shown. The results are ringing alarm bells among some liberals.

A USA Today/Suffolk University poll, conducted in the first week of March, shows Trump’s approval rating at 47 percent, and his personal favorability at 45 percent. Sixty percent of respondents disapprove of his temper, and 59 percent think he tweets too much.

While USA Today called Trump’s approval “a poor rating by historic standards,” the numbers looked even worse for his opponent in the November 2016 presidential election and the opposition Democratic Party: Hillary Clinton recorded only a 35 percent approval rating, while the Democrats were at 36 percent.

https://www.rt.com/usa/380198-trump-democrats-media-poll/

Yeah its a weird tweet but a more relevant article.  perhaps they tweeted the story in a different tweet but thats the first one I stumbled upon.  Saw it in a different couple of tweets referencing the article and looked for the original.  The gist being that a lot of media is dancing around the issue that Trump's admin is being investigated for their ties to Russia whereas Macleans included that line I quoted.