US Politics

Rich

1 minute ago, do or die said:

Don't go to Brietbart, then......

Ps - this Alt-Left stuff was basically cooked up, some time ago.... by Hanninty, on Fox.

Im as negative on the far left as the next guy.  But I am so disgusted by this.  This defense of nazi's and KKK as "yeah, but what about the left..."  **** you.  I dont condone violence but I dont care one iota about the "left".  Its not left vs right.  its right vs wrong.  Its reason vs insanity.  Its peace vs hate.  History shows us violent opposition was needed to this very kind of thinking.  Im not condoning it.  But to focus on the "left" which really includes a whole lot of people who used to be considered right wing...they have moved the line so far right that everyone is now left. 

Trump's nonsense about a few bad apples among the rightful protestors.  Give me a break.  If I go to a protest and the guy beside me is a nazi, sorry, Im not shrugging.  Im leaving.  Or im crossing the street to the other side.  10 people standing beside one nazi makes 11 nazi's.  Stand and be counted.  This is disgusting.  History will judge the people that turned a blind eye to this.  We're all human ******* beings.  So gross.

4 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Reading tea leaves is never a reliable way to know what's going on, but:

I believe he released a statement that he stands with the President.  I saw that headline but didnt read the story.  If true, he's an absolute fool.  Perfect time to publicly say the President is wrong.  What's Trump gonna do, fire Pence?  He'd have every adviser in the White House telling him not to and even if he did, Pence comes out smelling a lot better than "standing with the president"

I always felt Trump would decline to run for reelection saying he made America great and there was nothing left to accomplish.  But I DO think there is a possibility he actually resigns at some point.  He'd go scorched earth and say he's the only one that can make America great but America doesnt want to be great so he's going to go swim in a pile of money and not worry about it anymore.

12 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I was at a dinner party on Saturday night and I am so reluctant, when discussing politics, to admit to being a conservative for fear of people immediately connecting that to Trump.  He is a disgusting, vile, shameful human being...and that's an insult to all other human beings.  Its beyond politics.  This isnt idealogy.  He's a bigoted, racist, clueless jerk.

I agree @do or die, the entire GOP is complicit because they put winning ahead of whats right.  They are so fearful of losing seats and power that they wont categorically condemn the "alt right" and everything it now stands for.  True Americans would stand at their podiums and condemn those movements, condemn Trump and say "if you wont vote me now, that is your choice but if you support this crap, I dont want your vote".  They desperately need to move, en mass, back towards the center.

@johnzo- I too looked into the 25th because I agree that this HAS to be something talked about.  You look at the body language of Chief of Staff Kelly, a friggen General, during Trump's rant.  You look at the fact his staff immediately leaked that Trump went rogue.  Where has his Jewish daughter and son in law been since this happened.  I dont expect Ivanka to turn on her father but where is the red line for people who sort of go along for the ride.

The problem is, the 25th is easy to invoke for the VP and cabinet, but the President can then send a letter to Congress disagreeing and then Congress must vote 2/3 of both houses to uphold the 25th.  So even if you get the VP and Cabinet to do it, you have to know Congress will support it or Im afraid the Cabinet will be far too fearful of losing their jobs if Congress doesnt back them.  But if they had any balls, they'd take that chance.

But instead, they will probably all go along with impeachment when Mueller finishes and it will be over financial ****.  Not the morally repugnant, divisive stuff that SHOULD be Trump's downfall.

More than ever, yesterday, Trump lost the moral right to govern.  He's finished.  There is a Nazi in the White House.  In 2017.  Good God...

Trump has set the conservative movement back to a point where it may never recover. After all this, the idiot is having a rally in Arizona. 

Instead of rallying all the American people, in the thous of this turmoil........Trump holds rallies to simply celebrate his own narcissism, egomania, and the continued sating and gulling of his mindless base.  

What totally amazed me months ago - and still does.....is that even early on in the campaign, anyone who could muster even an ounce of critical thinking, could clearly see that Trump was an amoral,  racist, misogynist, and serial lying fake.  

Didn't matter to the Republican leadership, of course  ....they found that they had a practical tool to use, in the pursuit of their own twisted agenda, where the fat cats get fatter, on more saucers.....and everyone else, is left to fight over the mice.  

Between wanting to push this agenda through, regardless.....and lacking the internal fortitude to push back against Trump, for fear of losing his base (voting bloc),  they mumble in the background (McConnell) or make generalist statements against hate, without mentioning  the Don (Ryan) or love their job so much, that any amount of abuse can be shrugged off (Sessions)    They are a joke.

Trump has previously touted Pershing as a disturbing example of how to deal with terrorism, telling the unproven story at a South Carolina rally in 2016: "[Pershing] took 50 bullets, and he dipped them in pig's blood," Trump claimed. "And he had his men load his rifles and he lined up the 50 people, and they shot 49 of those people. And the 50th person he said, 'You go back to your people and you tell them what happened.' And for 25 years there wasn't a problem, okay?"

4 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Trump has previously touted Pershing as a disturbing example of how to deal with terrorism, telling the unproven story at a South Carolina rally in 2016: "[Pershing] took 50 bullets, and he dipped them in pig's blood," Trump claimed. "And he had his men load his rifles and he lined up the 50 people, and they shot 49 of those people. And the 50th person he said, 'You go back to your people and you tell them what happened.' And for 25 years there wasn't a problem, okay?"

Like everything trump says.... Its a huge pile of bullshit

On 17/08/2017 at 0:00 AM, johnzo said:

A Canadian angle: Rebel Media, who had a alt-right sympathetic correspondent in Charlottesville, is doing damage control as their freelancers quit.

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/ezra-levant-distances-the-rebel-from-the-alt-right-as-contributors-resign/wcm/e1b829fe-6a31-4eac-851e-c7efffb71b62

Levant said he was shocked by the weekend’s events.

He's surprised?

:lol:   

he had an article on his own website called "Ten things I hate about Jews".  

and he's shocked?  :D.

I watched an interview with one of his correspondents F. Goldy . As far as I could tell, she likes the idea of separate country for whites only.  Seems that now, they've fired her.

Another National post article says

"it is hard to resolve, for example, Levant’s rejection of racism with Goldy’s appearance on the Krypto Report, a podcast produced by the Daily Stormer, a neo-Nazi outlet that advocates genocide."

another article about Rebel Media.

http://www.nationalobserver.com/2017/08/15/news/rebel-media-boss-jokes-about-criticism-tory-mp-after-charlottesville

Canada isn't problem free, but I don't think we have the widespread depth of ignorance that they are living with in the US.

first I've heard of Rebel Media.

Edited by Mark F

Sadly I know people who share the Rebel media view point.  Not everything they produce is bad.  They take a more nuanced look at issues pertaining to Muslim extremism, far left etc.  But Im more and more saddened by the efforts to "nuance" the perspective surrounding the alt-right.  "yeah but" doesnt fly with me anymore.  There can be no "yeah but" when it comes to this garbage.

So Rebel Media can go **** itself.

15 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Hopefully Trump himself.  I'd say he'd somehow force Pence out as a fall guy.  But Pence will seemingly put up with anything knowing he's very likely to end up in the big chair sooner or later.

Pence isnt that much of a step up from Trump but atleast he has some experience