US Politics

Rich

Here is Brietbart's take:

WASHINGTON, D.C. — White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders issued a statement on Friday confirming that White House Chief Strategist Steve Bannon is leaving his position in the White House.

The statement sent to reporters read simply:

White House Chief of Staff John Kelly and Steve Bannon have mutually agreed today would be Steve’s last day. We are grateful for his service and wish him the best.

Bannon joined then-candidate Donald Trump’s campaign in 2016. He was brought on staff at the White House as Chief Strategist at the beginning of the Trump Administration. His departure comes shortly after several other White House officials have left.

Shortly before confirmation of Bannon’s departure, 20 grassroots conservative leaders issued a letter praising President Donald Trump while emphasizing that they took comfort that Steve Bannon and Kellyanne Conway were assisting Trump in weathering “unfair attacks” and keeping President Trump’s agenda “front and center.” The leaders wrote, “While others may come and go in the White House, we feel sure that with Steve and Kellyanne at your side, you will always hear the voices of those of us who have supported you through thick and thin, despite the efforts by some to ‘manage’ you and your message.”

The New York Times reported, “As of Friday morning, the two men were still discussing Mr. Bannon’s future, the officials said. A person close to Mr. Bannon insisted the parting of ways was his idea, and that he had submitted his resignation to the president on Aug. 7, to be announced at the start of this week, but it was delayed in the wake of the racial unrest in Charlottesville, Va.”

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Hopefully Trump himself.  I'd say he'd somehow force Pence out as a fall guy.  But Pence will seemingly put up with anything knowing he's very likely to end up in the big chair sooner or later.

dear god yes please!

2 minutes ago, iHeart said:

dear god yes please!

I said it here awhile back and Trump's biographer was on CNN last night saying the same thing - Trump will resign.  What other option is there?  IF he could last one term, he could decline to run for a second but can he really make it that far? 

Its possible Mueller's investigation produces nothing but the speculation and the info out there indicate he's hot on the trail of some legitimate investigations.  Trump might think resigning takes the heat off him.  But at some point, he might screw up enough where enough people threaten to quit if he stays on. 

Neither the 25th or an impeachment is likely to work now anyway.  Dems need to take control of Congress to have a shot at it.  *Maybe* the threat of the 25th would push Trump to resign even if he's confident he'd regain the presidency in Congress.  I dont know... But I cant see him lasting three more years.

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I said it here awhile back and Trump's biographer was on CNN last night saying the same thing - Trump will resign.  What other option is there?  IF he could last one term, he could decline to run for a second but can he really make it that far? 

Its possible Mueller's investigation produces nothing but the speculation and the info out there indicate he's hot on the trail of some legitimate investigations.  Trump might think resigning takes the heat off him.  But at some point, he might screw up enough where enough people threaten to quit if he stays on. 

Neither the 25th or an impeachment is likely to work now anyway.  Dems need to take control of Congress to have a shot at it.  *Maybe* the threat of the 25th would push Trump to resign even if he's confident he'd regain the presidency in Congress.  I dont know... But I cant see him lasting three more years.

Those mid term elections next year migjt change who controls things.. If Dems get more control (seems likely at this point) Trump is done. 

On 8/18/2017 at 5:38 PM, bustamente said:

By birth he can never be POTUS as the law stand but even so he sounds more presidential than the idiot in the White House, he also doesn't repeat everything twice everything twice. :P

I'm surprised that has not been overturned.

On 8/18/2017 at 8:05 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

In Australia, you can't be elected or sit in their federal  parliament unless you were born in that country. If we had that rule, it would kill the Liberals. 

Australia is even more right-wing then USA.

I had to check if it was 2017.  Yup, it is

(CNN)Sam Clovis, Donald Trump's pick to be chief scientist for the Department of Agriculture, has argued that homosexuality is a choice and that the sanctioning of same-sex marriage could lead to the legalization of pedophilia, a CNN KFile review of Clovis' writings, radio broadcasts, and speeches has found.

41 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I had to check if it was 2017.  Yup, it is

(CNN)Sam Clovis, Donald Trump's pick to be chief scientist for the Department of Agriculture, has argued that homosexuality is a choice and that the sanctioning of same-sex marriage could lead to the legalization of pedophilia, a CNN KFile review of Clovis' writings, radio broadcasts, and speeches has found.

For some it is IMHO.