US Politics

Rich

9 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Normally when we see a speech like this the leader takes out a gun and fires shots in the air to close it out.

I think there is a growing fear that gun shots will happen.  Not from the man himself.  But the way he carries on about his "enemies" and the media, someone will take a shot at someone.  The environment he fosters has created that already with Virginia. 

"Useful Idiots" Indeed.

Nice opinion piece of Trump as a racist.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/donald-trump-playbook-1.4265374

Selling white supremacy

It was much more, though, than a feel-good, I-have-seen-the-light interview. Black explained the white supremacist movement's recruiting strategy, which, he said, necessarily involved some self-concealment.

"We told people all the white nationalist talking points, without necessarily saying that we're white nationalists," he said.

"My whole talk was the fact that you could run as Republicans and say things like we need to shut down immigration, we need to fight affirmative action, we need to end globalism, and you could win these positions, maybe as long as you didn't get outed as a white nationalist."

Sound familiar?

What they heard, he said, was "Donald Trump thinks we're fine." All the people who just needed a little extra nudge, to be told their son would be denied university because of affirmative action, or that an immigrant would take their jobs, had just been nudged.

Black called it the most important moment in the history of the modern white nationalist movement. David Duke and other white supremacists rejoiced. They've crawled out from under their rocks and are basking in their president's complicity.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

I'll say this for Trump.....

He said he would go after trade deals, and he's doing it.

transpacific,  nafta, and now he's talking about the Obama made US Korean trade deal, which has been horrible for the USA. It was followed by an immediate large boost in korean exports to usa, and nothing the other way.

tough for the anti "free" trade folks to deal with, so far not saying much.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Was just watching Nixon In His Own Words on HBOC. Feel like history repeating itself with the comments about the media.

Just read someone else saying the same thing.

Difference is that the trump followers have bought it hook line and sinker.

They are much crazier than the people in those days.

media and trump is symbiotic. They made him, and they still feed off him as he does off them.

Edited by Mark F