US Politics

Rich

not politics strictly, but shows the way things are going down in usa child that was lynched had one black parent. 8 years old.

a Claremont, N.H., boy had to be flown to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center after one or more teens decided to hang him from a tree with a rope.

http://www.theroot.com/new-hampshire-police-refuse-to-release-information-on-c-1803054596

Edited by Mark F

I guess the days of tactical strikes to try to minimize casualties are over:

"The United States has great strength and patience, but if it is forced to defend itself or its allies, we will have no choice but to totally destroy North Korea," Trump said during his first address to the UN General Assembly.

Trump is nuts 

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/23/politics/nfl-goodell-trump-response/index.html

asking for players to be fired? You can agree or disagree but totally outrageous for a president to say that. 

He also rescinded the invite to Curry to attend the nba championship visit to the White House. Insane. I hope the entire team refuses to go. I would. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

NFL stadiums are about to become more raucous to players who don't stand for the US national anthem. I just hope violence doesn't break out in the stands. Especially in Buffalo where Bills players are planning some kind of protest. 

I have to be honest. Emotional top of my head thoughts.  As a white guy if I played for one of these major leagues and was American I’d kneel down next to my team mates.  Not to disrespect the nation or piss on the flag or whatever. But to show solidarity with reality.  Trump is proof positive that the fight for equality isn’t over yet...it has not been achieved. 

What a clown. 

I think Ive changed my mind a bit about the Pens, who are my favourite team next to the Jets.  They not only allowed themselves to be used as a pawn in Trump's racist games, they encouraged it with the timing of their announcement.  Its hard not to look at it and see a bunch of white guys happy to go to the White House when predominantly black athletes are under fire from the President who actively wants their jobs taken away.

Troy Westwood was irate this morning.  And I agree with him.

Its hard not to see this as a matter of the Pens feeling "well, we'll go.  We dont have an issue".  yeah..well, you're predominantly white.  Like, do people not understand that the desire of racists is to divide in this manner. 

Trump used the Pens.  Calls them a great team and happy to host them.  That mostly white team. 

Dont like it.  If you cant support the black athletes when they come under attack can you at least support them for the fact they are fellow athletes?