US Politics

Rich

10 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

They’re all liars 

however trumps new plan to distract people is to release the JFK documents. Lol. So that should be something 

I did hear Trump's call to a widow who just lost her husband & recorded the phone call. I have to say... he did a great job with that call. He actually sounded like he cared. Didn't make it all about himself. I have to say I was impressed & didn't expect it at all.

Plus he's holding back some record.  of the ones released nothing too earth shattering.  Oswald met with a KGB assasin.  The Russians thought it was a right wing conspiracy and someone called a UK news agency anonymously right before the hit and told them something big was about to go down.  Also, someone called the FBI the day before Oswald was shot and said there was a committee formed to take him out and he needed to be protected.

Holding back a few items on the ground of national security sounds pretty fishy.

3 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

This would be so funny... if that motherfucker wasn't president of the U.S.A.

Question is, how long (if ever) will it take the US to recover from this piece of garbage? 

He's aroused some people that aren't going to go away quietly. And there are a lot of them down there. Millions. 

Not to mention the degradation of every single government responsibility, domestic, international, the US relationships with the rest of the world.

America might have a hard time finding it's balance after this. Who knows where all this will end up.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/30/politics/paul-manafort-russia-investigation-surrender/index.html

Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and former Trump campaign official Rick Gates surrendered Monday to Justice Department special counsel Robert Mueller, according to a source with direct knowledge of the matter.

Manafort arrived at the FBI's Washington field office Monday morning. He and Gates were indicted under seal on Friday, the source said. The two are being processed separately, according to a law enforcement official. They will later be transported to federal district court in Washington later Monday morning.

The indictments are expected to be unsealed later Monday. The extent of the charges was not immediately known.

Also this:

Washington (CNN)A former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser has pleaded guilty to making a false statement to the FBI after he lied about his interactions with foreign officials close to the Russian government, the campaign's clearest connection so far to Russia's efforts to meddle in the 2016 election.

In court records unsealed on Monday, the FBI said George Papadopoulos "falsely described his interactions with a certain foreign contact who discussed 'dirt' related to emails" concerning Hillary Clinton.
In addition, former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and former Trump campaign official Rick Gates surrendered Monday to Justice Department special counsel Robert Mueller.

Supposedly Trump had to be talked out of firing Mueller.  Can he even fire Mueller?  I thought he could not.. Nixon had to order the AG to do it (leading to the AG's resignation). 

Have to believe Trump will fire him if any charges against Trump or his family are coming.  But what happens if he actually fired Mueller?  He seems to desperately be trying to make a case that Mueller is in conflict...setting the stage to fire him and not be impeached.  If he fires him and the GOP doesnt turn on Trump, then the US is is really a lost nation.  But no way does Trump let his kids get charged without going scorched earth.

He'll try to pardon his kids and himself.  Fire Mueller.  etc

I love that Trump's defense is basically "Paul was a crook way before I hired him to chair my campaign".  Maybe not the best defense.  He has to have lawyers telling him to shut up but he's so desperate he thinks he can change the narrative of the nation.  And maybe he can.

Is the meeting Papadopoulous being charged with lying about the same one that Kushner and Junior attended?  if not, it's still interesting to note he is pleading guilty to basically the same thing Junior did - lied about meeting Russians for the purpose of getting dirt on Hilary.  Junior will be indicted too.  Maybe Kushner also.  Will they take a bullet for daddy?  Trump is an old man but I have little doubt he'd let his kids go to prison to protect him.

6 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

So much dumb from this administration... Either they are full blown gorked or they really think the average person is stupider than a bag of wet socks... either way **** these guys... 

WHy don't more people feel insulted... 

2 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

So much dumb from this administration... Either they are full blown gorked or they really think the average person is stupider than a bag of wet socks... either way **** these guys... 

WHy don't more people feel insulted... 

Rick Perry,  at coal fired power plant.

"“Here's a little economics lesson: supply and demand,” Perry said, according to Taylor Kuykendall of Standard & Poor's. “You put the supply out there, and demand will follow.”  :D

Re your query....

"No one in this world, so far as I know — and I have searched the records for years, and employed agents to help me — has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby. The mistake that is made always runs the other way. Because the plain people are able to speak and understand, and even, in many cases, to read and write, it is assumed that they have ideas in their heads, and an appetite for more. This assumption is a folly.”  

Edited by Mark F